Manager of Learning Experience Design
Leading the LX team
• Provide leadership to the LX and Affiliate training teams in terms of resourcing, coaching, performance management, and work planning
Definition of ID standards, processes, and tools
• Define, maintain, and continually improve the learning development processes to enable efficient design and production in defined formats with maximum reuse.
• Research, assess, implement, and manage learning & development plans, courses, programs, and instructional technology.
• Research, assess, implement, and manage outsourced and contracted Learning & Development services such as training facilitation, workshops, and instructional design services.
• Maintain a keen understanding of learning & development industry trends and best practices; investigates new training methodologies, authoring tools, delivery methods, and content.
Identification of needs and specification of design in conjunction with Departments
• Manage L&D projects: identify and analyze needs; prioritize and plan work activities with timelines; define the scope of work, business requirements and key deliverables; collaborate and communicate with subject matter experts and stakeholders across the organization at all levels
• Work consultatively with Departments to assess learning needs and develop L&D work specifications which can be effectively delivered on time and on budget
• Manage, analyze, and prioritize Learning & Development, training, and Instructional Design requests
• Ensure a collaborative relationship between LX designers and Departments to ensure the design and timing meet requirements
• Connect with departments in review meetings to assess the effectiveness of each project, collecting feedback and learning points to enable continual improvement
Personal delivery of LX projects as needed
• Develop training programs, courses, materials, and content to support learning and development needs as needed. This includes new employee orientation and new hire onboarding; tools, software, systems, and technical training; operational/business process and procedure training; client and service implementation; change management training; continuous learning and continuing education; departmental and organizational initiatives; ad-hock refreshers; leadership and soft-skill training, and other training, learning, and development programs as needed
• Produce and update training content and curriculum as needed. This includes presentations, classroom curriculum, activities, lesson plans, facilitator/instructor and participant guides, manuals and handbooks, job aids, instructional videos, self-paced e-learning, learning assessment tools, tests, and evaluation programs and accompanying multi-media materials
• Adapt and convert courses as new technology emerges or new business needs are identified
• Support learning and development, training, talent development, HR, and organizational initiatives as needed
• Foster a positive team environment
• Ensure confidentiality of internal and external data
• Perform ad-hoc projects and other duties as assigned
• Travel requirements: Able to work between Chicago and Naperville
• Customer Service – Proficient
• Verbal Communication – Advanced
• Written Communication – Advanced
• Teamwork – Advanced
• Relationships – Expert
• Negotiation - Proficient
• Organizational Awareness – Expert
• Learning Agility – Advanced
• Analysis – Advanced
• Problem Solving – Advanced
• Process Orientation – Advanced
• Prioritization – Expert
Role Specific Skills
• Up to date knowledge of training industry trends, developments and best practices, new training methodologies, authoring tools, delivery methods, and content.
• Mastery of instructional design principles, training techniques, and adult learning theories
• Intermediate to advanced skills in Microsoft Office Suite
• Intermediate to advanced skills in Adobe Creative Suite
• Intermediate to advanced skills in Audio and Video production and editing
Intermediate to advanced skills in e-learning development software (e.g. Articulate Storyline, Adobe Captivate, Lectora)
• Intermediate to advanced skills with Learning Management Systems (e.g. Saba, Cornerstone, Skillsoft)
People Management Skills
• Proficient in all people management processes, including recruitment, performance management and reward
• Proficient in building, growing and developing a team; including department structure design and resourcing
• Proficient in coaching and developing individual team members to reach their potential
• Proficient in engaging a team through communication, processes, personal impact and influence
• Bachelor’s degree in Business, Education, Communication, Human Resources or related field or equivalent experience
• 5+ years of experience in specialized learning and development roles
Other Relevant Qualifications
• Master’s Degree in Education, Instructional Design, Human Resources, or related field, or MBA, or equivalent experience
• CPLP, ATD, Langevin, or other training certifications, or equivalent experience
• 2+ years of experience in call center, contact center, customer service, or related field
Please note, this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities, and schedule may change at any time with or without notice.
SMS Assist is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) that welcomes and encourages all applicants to apply regardless of age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify and/or expression, national origin, disability, veteran status, marital or parental status, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy or other reasons prohibited by law.