We’re all about connecting hungry diners with our network of over 300,000 restaurants nationwide. Innovative technology, user-friendly platforms and streamlined delivery capabilities set us apart and make us an industry leader in the world of online food ordering. When you join our team, you become part of a community that works together to innovate, solve problems, grow, work hard and have a ton of fun in the process!
Why Work For Us
Grubhub is a place where authentically fun culture meets innovation and teamwork. We believe in empowering people and opening doors for new opportunities. If you’re looking for a place that values strong relationships, embraces diverse ideas–all while having fun together–Grubhub is the place for you!
Grubhub Design is looking for a talented Manager of Product Design to join our team. You will lead a team of world-class designers with a passion for bringing hungry bellies together with local restaurants. You will be joining a growing team of design leaders that will not only shape our products but our people and the way we design and build at Grubhub.
We believe design is a part of every product decision and has the ability to have a true impact; for our customers & the business. Our design team is close-knit and highly collaborative – combining research, data and critique to inform design decisions that impact and shape products into highly usable and successful experiences. As a Product Design Manager at Grubhub you will guide teams through complex problem spaces and ensure we’re solving the right problems with effective and elegant solutions. You’ll coach, mentor and encourage designers at Grubhub – helping the folks on the team to deliver their best work and have fun doing it. You are super detail oriented, organized and know how to keep a team moving at pace. Your communication skills are strong and you are able to facilitate and mobilize cross-functional efforts. You have a passion for shipping great design work and your enthusiasm for the work you do gets others around you excited and motivated to deliver.
The Impact You Will Make
- Lead a team of designers, setting clear goals, managing workload and allocating designers accordingly, ensuring deadlines are met and setting team members up for overall success.
- Frame user-centered problems and business needs in a way that teams can respond to
- Advocate for our internal users in high-level strategic decisions with business, product, engineering, and members of the Design team
- Guide teams in the practice of turning nebulous concepts to specific ideas into useful, delightful product features
- Draw insights from the work of our talented research team and know how to turn those insights into tangible solutions
- Partner with product, engineers, and the members of the Design and Research teams to oversee the user experience of a product from conception until launch
***Please provide in your portfolio work that showcases product design case studies. Submissions without a portfolio that includes examples of your design work will not be considered. ***
What You Bring to the Table
- At least 8 years of practical, in-house product and/or consumer facing UX design experience with a focus on complex flows and use cases
- Minimum 2 years of industry experience in a people management role on a Design team
- An acute self-awareness and deep empathy - for both the customer and your team’s goals
- A mature, evolutionary perspective on technology, product, and design practices
- Applied experience with service design practices and a practice of constantly evolving your design process
- An appetite (and the skill) for working across all digital and physical manifestations of what we design
- A passion for mentoring executives, product managers, and engineers to deliver user-centered solutions
- Excellent communication and data visualization skills. You can bring internal stakeholders on your design journey and support your decisions with focus and brevity
- A deep curiosity and ability to consider product strategy and vision. You don’t just care about “how it looks,” or “what we should design,” but “why are we designing this at all?”
And Of Course, Perks!
- Flexible PTO. Grubhub employees enjoy a generous amount of time to recharge.
- Health and Wellness. Excellent medical benefits, employee network groups and paid parental leave are just a few of our programs to support your overall well-being.
- Competitive Pay. You’ll receive a competitive base salary with eligibility for generous incentives, bonuses, commission or RSUs (role-specific).
- Learning and Career Growth. Your personal and professional development is a priority at Grubhub. We empower you to be a leader and grow your career through training, coaching and mentorship opportunities.
- MealPerks. Get meals on us! Our employees get a weekly Grubhub credit to enjoy and support local restaurants.
- Fun. Every Grubhub office has an employee-led Culture Crew that connects people through fun, meaningful events and initiatives like Wellness Wednesdays, Slack competitions and virtual happy hours!
- Social Impact. At Grubhub we believe in giving back through programs like the Grubhub Community Relief Fund and donating $1 million to the Equal Justice Initiative in 2020. Employees are also given paid time off each year to support the causes that are important to them.
- COVID-19 Response. All of our employees are currently working from home and will be for the foreseeable future. We look forward to seeing everyone in-office when it’s safe to return.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome diversity and encourage a workplace that is just as diverse as the customers we serve. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. If you’re applying for a job in the U.S. and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an email to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.