At Root we’re always learning. Learning and knowing more helps us make the right decisions that lead to us do the right things, especially when it comes to our customers. We aim to gain a deeper understanding of our customers and how the products and services we design fit into their lives.
To that end, we are seeking an experienced Manager of UX Research & Insights who can proactively lead research examining how consumers and our users think, feel, and behave. The individual in this role will be responsible for helping translate business objectives to quantitative and qualitative research that leads to actionable insights. This role will also be responsible for leading the design, execution, and analysis of primary and secondary research.
An ideal candidate for this position will have experience successfully leading both primary and secondary research on the supply- and/or client-side, a strong understanding of statistical principles, and experience using research to provide organizations with data-driven insights.
Reports to: Senior Manager, UX Research & Insights
What you'll do:
- Manage concurrent primary and secondary research projects.
- Lead the design of survey instruments, interview guides, and focus group scripts that deliver high-quality insights.
- Quickly and accurately analyze data and translate findings to actionable insights.
- Develop compelling reports that summarize research findings; present those results to stakeholders across the organization.
- Identify research opportunities that address business problems.
- Serve as a mentor to analysts on the research team.
- Perform work independently without significant direction or instruction.
- Proactively understand business problems and work with stakeholders to identify the appropriate research solutions to address objectives.
What we're looking for:
- You have 3-5 years relevant experience in UX and/or consumer insights research with a strong analytical background.
- You have a Bachelor's degree (required) or Master’s degree (preferred) in a quantitative, analytical, or research-oriented field.
- You have advanced knowledge of primary and secondary UX and/or customer insights methodologies, both quantitative and qualitative. Experience with experimental methods is a plus.
- You have proven success translating business needs into research projects that generate actionable insights.
- You’re skilled at research project management, such as vendor management, research design and execution, data analysis, and report writing.
- You’re an excellent listener and communicator with strong people and relationship management skills, including the ability to present complicated analytical material to a range of stakeholders with differing levels of technical expertise.
- You have high attention to detail and are comfortable independently multitasking and prioritizing projects in a fast-paced work environment.
- You’re a superior problem solver with the ability to independently identify opportunities for improvement and make constructive suggestions for change.
- You have expertise in statistical software, such as R, SAS, and/or SPSS.
- You have expertise in Microsoft Excel.
- You’re proficient in a survey platform (Qualtrics preferred).
- Experience with more complex market research methods like MaxDiff or Conjoint Analysis a plus.
Who we are.
Root Insurance is the nation’s first licensed insurance carrier powered entirely by mobile. We were founded on the belief that the services you need for everyday life should serve you better. That’s why we base insurance coverages on you, not your demographic. It’s the way insurance should be. And it’s all conveniently in an app.
What draws people to Root.
We’re a public technology company. Our early success is in large part due to our unwavering standards in hiring. We recognize that our product is only as good as the people building and promoting it. We look for individuals who find solutions by going through the cycle of ideation to implementation with curiosity, rigor, and a highly analytical lens. Ask anyone who works here and you’ll hear similar reasons for why they joined:
Autonomy. For assertive self-starters, the opportunities to contribute are limitless.
Impact. By challenging the way it’s always been done, we solve problems that have a big impact on our business.
Collaboration. We encourage rich discussion and civil debate at every turn.
People. We are inspired by the collection of crazy-smart people around us.