Packaging/Graphic Designer (Contract)
About us: RX is a clean-label snack brand with products made from a few simple ingredients and no BS.
RX simplifies food by creating snacks that are real and delicious. It's honest and straightforward—no overblown claims, certifications, or gimmicks. With products including RXBAR, RXBAR Kids, and RX Nut Butter, RX makes food that not only tastes good, but is wholesome and nutritious too.
Packaging/Graphic Designer: RXBAR is one of the fastest growing food brands in the country and this explosive growth requires more of a need than ever to protect and grow our visual identity by ensuring eye-catching and consistent design across all of our platforms.
The Packaging/Graphic Designer will work with the creative manager and internal teams to develop and concept and design product packaging, merchandising displays, package renders and POS/POP mock-ups for our full portfolio of brands. In addition the packaging designer will review and approve printer proofs, ink draw downs and ensure that all materials produced internally and externally meet brand standards.
Our ideal candidate has a true understanding of color, design and typography and is looking for an opportunity to grow professionally and shake up the CPG market. They are hard-working and collaborative with a passion for all types of design, packaging, brand development, and creative problem solving. This person must be curious, forward thinking, organized and looking to be part of a fast-paced, innovative company.
General Functions + Job Responsibilities:
- Design packaging and displays for our full portfolio of brands
- Assist with design of marketing collateral for sales, marketing,
and cross-functional teams if needed
- Ideation, problem solving, and cross-functional collaboration
- Management of print assets, mechanical files, dielines and packaging renders
- Review and approval of printer proofs and ink draw downs
- Finalization and release of packaging mechanical files
- Work directly with all internal teams to ensure brand consistency in design output
- Develop understanding of print processes, production, and material use
- Work with procurement, logistics, and marketing team to ensure project success
- Receive and respond to design related questions from internal and external vendors
- Give and receive feedback to create the best work possible
Skills & Qualifications:
- Positive attitude, point of view, and passion for clean, type-focused design
- Bachelor's Degree in graphic design or related field
- 2+ years experience in packaging design
- Pre-press or CAD (3-D) experience is a plus
- Thorough understanding of print and digital design practices
- Proficient in Adobe Illustrator, InDesign, and Photoshop
- Clear understanding of typography and information hierarchy
- Creative problem solving abilities
- Highly adaptable and resourceful
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Continued interest in current and future design trends
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment and effectively manage workload to meet deadlines, while ensuring a high standard of quality
- Self-starter who is results and detail-oriented
- Passion for entrepreneurship
- Desire to learn, excel, and grow with the organization
Contract Details: The freelance/contract packaging designer will work full-time (40hrs/wk) as part of the RXBAR marketing/creative team at our headquarters in Chicago. The contract will extend for 3 months with the possibility for contract extension.