Presentation Designer at dscout
We are dscout. At our core, we are People Nerds. We empower our customers to meet the people who matter to them in the moments that matter most. Customer-obsessed companies and agencies like Lyft, Nike, IDEO, and REI use dscout to build better products and services because of people like you. We are building a smart and driven team in our Chicago HQ, and we would love for you to join us.
We are looking for a Presentation Designer to join our Studio Team. Think of dscout's Studio Team as a full-service, mixed-methods research consulting group. We also happen to be some of the biggest power-users of dscout’s platform. As part of the Studio Team, you take on the most challenging projects our clients have: investigating emerging trends, clarifying business opportunities, testing the boundaries of iconic brands, and vetting new-to-the-world products and services, all while pushing dscout’s products to the limit.
As the dedicated Presentation Designer on the Studio Team, you’ll work closely with our Research Leads and Analysts in developing presentation narratives, frameworks, and data visualizations that support our client deliverables. Managing templates, schedules, and resourcing will appeal to your skills in detail orientation and project management, while creating evocative diagrams, illustrations/icons, and layouts will satiate your need to communicate complex ideas with clear, striking visuals.
Additionally, when time and projects allow, you’ll work with other designers at dscout on the continued evolution of the dscout brand and its implementation throughout the organization - product, business development, marketing, and social media.
Curious to know more about our team and the work we do? Visit our site here!
Note: You must have a portfolio or work samples in order to apply for this role.
What you will do (let’s call them Responsibilities):
- Design! First and foremost, you will use design to tell stories through presentations, icons, and other artwork
- Collaborate with research teams to plan, design, and deliver exceptional client deliverables (most likely in the form of decks, though not always)
- Iterate on designs based on feedback from team members and clients
- Smoothly navigate timelines and deadlines
- Empower peers on the Studio Team with the tools and skills to take care of basic design needs independently
- Support design needs across other departments internally, as needed and as time allows
- Receive and provide constructive feedback of design work
What you need to have (we can call them Desired Skills and Background):
- Degree in graphic design or visual communication (BA, BFA, BDes, MFA, MDes), or equivalent work experience
- 2-3 years experience as a designer (graphic, visual, typographic, and presentation design experience preferred); plus for experience designing within a company’s brand guidelines
- Great information design and data visualization abilities
- A strong portfolio showing client-ready work (either publicly available or submitted as part of your application)
- Strong communicator and collaborator who obsesses over details and asks the question, "Is this how it should be?"
- Experience working with common industry software (Proficient in: Adobe Creative Suite, Keynote, PowerPoint, GoogleSlides; Bonus: Final Cut Pro, After Effects)
- Familiar with file formats and creating assets for the web and print
- Plus: experience in a high-paced agency setting that focuses on exceptional client deliverables
What will you get?
Here at dscout, we are a team of passionate research, sales, technical, marketing, design, success, and operations professionals. We are driven by the power of research—how in-context insights from real people can build products and services that are more people-centric. We value learning, sharing, and building. We deeply value being a diverse and inclusive team and company, and we are looking for team members who align with that belief. We are proud of what dscout is today and we are excited to build our future with you.
In addition to joining a smart and passionate team, you will get:
- A strong compensation package with bonus structure. Your success is tied to company success. We are all in this together.
- An incredible set of core benefits as well as a 401k with match, work from home Wednesdays, solid PTO policy, and generous company holidays. We are committed to helping build your future.
- Exposure to the inner workings of a growing company. Our team is a group of open, transparent communicators. You will know what is happening and why it matters.
- An education stipend. Keep learning and sharpening your skills.
- A beautiful new workspace along the Chicago Riverwalk, in the heart of lots of places to eat, drink, and play. Read more about our new office space here!
- Plenty of snacks, drinks, and caffeine to keep you powered throughout the day, and a weekly happy hour to relax with the team.