Product Design Manager, Servicing + Identity at Affirm (Remote)
We're looking for a manager to support our consumers in their post transaction experiences. You have a breadth of product experience with the passion and drive to change to ensure consumers have the best experience after they've used Affirm. You're naturally curious about consumers' relationship with payments and money by seeking insights and data that can drive better outcomes for our users. You're opinionated about product direction down to the pixels and words, and are relentless about improving the experience.
You partner well with other experience design leadership including design, research and content to ensure cohesion across the design organization and help drive internal cultural change to champion our users.
What you'll do:
- Lead the execution of design for servicing, care and identity teams
- Support with prioritization of short term experiments to learn and build long term results-oriented work that drives impact through high quality and successful execution across several product areas
- Collaborate well with product management, and engineering to identify opportunities to invest in for long term growth and innovation
- Foster an inclusive team environment of highly talented designers
- Lead your team from complex, ambiguous to clarity and focus
- Ensure high quality of execution from your team
- Make data informed decisions based on research insights and analytics to iterate and improve the product experience
- Lead with operational rigor using through critiques, principles, frameworks to support and guide your team for continuous growth of the function and the product
What we look for:
- 5+ years combined experience in product/ux design focused roles for desktop and mobile products, service design is a plus
- 1+ year management experience, including hiring and developing individual contributors
- Track record of strong executional craft with an eye for visual and ux design.
- Shipping successful in-app/web experiences in a fast-paced environment
- Range of product solutions from from experimentation to durable experiences that scale
- Demonstrated ability of operational rigor to improve the culture of the team and cross functional partnerships.
- A portfolio with strong design craft of you/your team working cross-functionally, thinking strategically (Required)
Location - Remote U.S.
Grade - USA30
Affirm is proud to be a remote-first company ! The majority of our roles are remote and can be located anywhere in the U.S. and Canada (with the exception of the U.S. Territories, Quebec, Yukon, Nunavut, and the Northwest Territories) unless the job indicates a different global location. We are currently building operations in Spain, Poland, and Australia. Employees in remote roles have the option of working remotely or from an Affirm office in their country of hire, and may occasionally travel to an Affirm office or elsewhere for required meetings or team-building events. Our offices in Chicago, New York, Pittsburgh, Salt Lake City, San Francisco and Toronto will remain operational and accessible for anyone to use on a voluntary basis, subject to local COVID-19 guidelines.
All full-time jobs at Affirm (excluding interns and apprentices) are tied to a transparent grade-based pay range taking location into account.
[Colorado Candidates] In accordance with Colorado's Equal Pay for Equal Work Act , the grade for this position in Colorado is listed above. You can find the Colorado base pay range and benefits here .
If you got this far, we hope you're feeling excited about this role. Even if you don't feel you meet every single requirement, we still encourage you to apply. We're eager to meet people who believe in Affirm's mission and can contribute to our team in a variety of ways-not just candidates who check all the boxes.
At Affirm, People Come First is one of our core values, and that's why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can read about our D&I program here and our progress thus far in our 2021 DEI Report .
We also believe It's On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.