Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest. Affirm, Inc. proudly includes Affirm, PayBright, and Returnly.
People’s relationship with their money is deeply personal and complex. Every day, they make decisions based on their means, whether it’s to make a purchase or invest in their future. We use design to rethink what personal finance can do for these individuals. We build experiences that give them freedom, security, knowledge, and a better quality of life!
You will uphold higher standards and help others build the skill set they need to succeed in our design organization. You will empower your designers to make decisions on the day-to-day, while maintaining the holistic vision of where your team's initiatives bring the company and driving them towards it. Your role is to reinforce the north star of where design is going at Affirm and let your teams' work shine.
We're hiring design managers for our merchant experience team and the consumer team!What You'll Do
- Lead by example and get involved in design work when needed
- Manage a growing team of designers working on Afffirm’s design team
- Evolve & grow the team to meet business demands and team member development areas
- Partner closely with design leadership around staffing, planning, and design operations
- Collaborate with Design and Affirm leadership around design vision & strategy
- Empower, inspire, and lead designers across different experience levels to make career defining work
- Work closely with cross functional teams in engineering, product management, research, commercial, client success, and more to make industry leading products.
- Minimum 3 year industry experience in a people management role on a Design team.
- Minimum 5 years of design experience. A portfolio of relevant design work (from UX design to visual design systems), executed either by yourself or a team that you led, that showcases your ability to ship successful products that people love.
- You pride yourself in a user-centered design approach.
- You are highly collaborative, and bring a low-ego approach to design.
- You can find a meaningful balance between optimizing for speed, quality, and doing risky, but interesting work.
- You have experience delivering merchant services and business-to-business software
Location - Remote U.S.
Affirm is proud to be a remote-first company! The majority of our roles are remote and can be located anywhere in the U.S. and Canada (with the exception of the U.S. Territories, Quebec, Yukon, Nunavut, and the Northwest Territories) unless the job indicates a different global location. We are currently building operations in Spain, Poland, and Australia. Employees in remote roles have the option of working remotely or from an Affirm office in their country of hire, and may occasionally travel to an Affirm office or elsewhere for required meetings or team-building events. Our offices in Chicago, New York, Pittsburgh, Salt Lake City, San Francisco and Toronto will remain operational and accessible for anyone to use on a voluntary basis, subject to local COVID-19 guidelines.
At Affirm, People Come First is one of our core values, and that’s why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can read about our D&I program here and our progress thus far in our 2020 DEI Report.
We also believe It’s On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.