Peak6 is changing the face of investing. We believe that the promises of many financial technology companies have fallen short—too many people are still living paycheck-to-paycheck, not saving enough for retirement, and not benefiting from the historic gains of the stock market. We want to change that. Our mission is to empower a new generation of investors who have been neglected—and even taken advantage of—by existing services. Headquartered in Chicago, Peak6 combines the financial acumen of one of the nation’s most successful trading firms with the technical expertise of the platform trusted by the world’s most sophisticated investors. The details of our plans are still under wraps, but we’re looking for people who are inspired by creating a more inclusive financial system for all, and who thrive in tackling audacious goals.
You’ll be responsible for:
- Creating a unique look and feel that supports our brand identity.
- Work closely with our full-stack development team and other current stakeholders
- Design refined view layouts, graphical elements, and high-fidelity prototypes from wireframes and product specifications.
- Assist in maintaining the current style guide and identify new or updated elements that will be included in future guides.
- Confidently present your work or the work of your team to internal and external stakeholders.
- Partner with the Quality Assurance group and be responsible for user acceptance testing of any new features/design changes.
- Give and receive constructive criticism and critique with a focus on improving quality.
- Research and share industry trends, competitors, and comparable experiences.
- Translate requirements
- Plan information architecture. You will study the product concept, strategy, and target audience and help create architectural schemes and information structures and features to help create a streamlined user journey.
- Deep understanding of HTTP (headers, verbs, authentication)
- Experience with API methodologies, including but not limited to REST
- Experience defining and leading web UI architectural direction
- Experience in mentoring and establishing best practices
- Proficiency with Adobe creative suites, various wireframe and prototype solutions (Axure, Sketch, InVison).
- Work with development team to ensure UX has been translated properly
- Expert knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite and Sketch.
- Experience producing pixel-perfect, production-ready assets.
- Mobile/iOS/Android UI-design experience.
- Results-driven and able to meet pressing deadlines.
- Experience with A/B testing implementation is a plus.
- Experience in Finance/Trading industry is a plus