Product Designer at Tempus
Passionate about precision medicine and advancing the healthcare industry?
Recent advancements in underlying technology have finally made it possible for AI to impact clinical care in a meaningful way. Tempus' proprietary platform connects an entire ecosystem of real-world evidence to deliver real-time, actionable insights to physicians, providing critical information about the right treatments for the right patients, at the right time.
What You'll Do:
As a Product Designer, you will be responsible for defining the experience of our products. We're looking for a passionate designer with a deep understanding of the product development process and is capable of executing a design from concept to development. You should be reliable, resilient and an excellent communicator. You are comfortable working closely with developers, product management, data scientists, etc. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter who not only thinks deeply about user needs, but also has an incredible eye for visual design. You pay attention to details while still communicating and envisioning the ‘big picture’ of the product. You will research, design and implement new products that require thoughtful consideration and may reach multiple audiences.
- Manage user-centered design projects with internal and external stakeholders, including physicians
- Define and prototype your solutions, iterating quickly with your cross-functional team of engineers, computational biologists, data scientists, and other designers
- Manage timelines in an agile environment to deliver enterprise-grade products
- Mentor junior designers and evangelize human-centered design across Tempus
We’re looking for:
- A portfolio showcasing your experience designing excellent user experiences--please provide samples with application
- 3-5 years of product design experience for web and mobile applications
- A degree in HCI, interaction design, or equivalent experience
- A strong emphasis on user-centered design principles, including frequent user testing and contextual inquiry
- Experience working with agile software development teams
- Ability to balance long-term vision with details and quick iterations
- Strong experience with data visualization and/or background in scientific/medical fields
- Strong organization and analytical thinking skills, with a track record of turning complex content into user scenarios and stories
- Scrappiness with a bias toward action and sharing ideas early and often
- Intellectual curiosity to pursue the unknown and to continuously learn
- A personal desire to build products that will save lives and change the course of cancer treatment