Senior Art Director at closerlook, inc.
About the job
SENIOR ART DIRECTOR
We are open to remote candidates for this role.
At closerlook inc., a Senior Art Director shapes the creative development of all projects on their assigned accounts, from concept to completion. They work closely with Writing Directors, Designers and Copywriters to ensure compelling creative solutions that align with strategic communication objectives for digital marketing campaigns. The Senior Art Director may often be the senior-most design professional on their assigned projects, and must consistently deliver strategically rooted award-winning caliber work.
The Senior Art Director is a creative, conceptual thinker who collaborates with the rest of the creative team to ensure that the design, writing and technology we develop are greater than the sum of their parts and achieve the client’s communication objectives. As a member of the Creative Group, they are a consummate team player — providing support where necessary and thriving in a collaborative environment. This person is a strong presenter and active participant. They know how to pull work through concept into successful execution, they have a strong attention to detail and passion for design, and are a systems-level thinker and problem solver excited by the opportunity to tell meaningful visual and verbal stories under a set of constraints that demand creative excellence.
- Leads the creative development and execution of individual projects — both print and digital design — in close collaboration with Writers and Designers under the guidance of the Creative Director
- Works collaboratively with developers and the motion media team in the creation of interactive projects including email campaigns, websites, user interfaces, mobile apps, and videos
- Works closely with the project team to ensure that the creative work will achieve the client’s strategic and communication objectives
- Translates strategic and conceptual feedback into exceptional design solutions
- Mentors designers and shapes the visual design of deliverables
- Provides leadership within project teams and the larger design discipline, at times participating in above-brand company and competency development
- Communicates proactively with the project team to keep deliverables on track
- Participates in client meetings, creative discussions, strategy discussions, project critiques, and development of presentations
- Clearly articulates design decisions that are backed up with strategic supporting evidence, insight, and rationale
- Communicates with various vendors as needed to coordinate the execution of print and digital work
- Supports new business pursuits — supporting and participating in creative concepting, asset development, and presentation decks
- Plays a critical leadership role in advancing closerlook’s success as a creative and strategic partner to the clients we serve
THE SKILL SET
- College or university degree in visual communication/graphic design
- Minimum of 6-8 years of experience as a senior graphic designer and/or art director (agency experienced preferred; marketing background a plus)
- Online portfolio with a heavy emphasis on interactive work—responsive web design samples, interface design and campaign work a must
- Strong presentation skills to both internal and external clients
- Strong oral and written communication skills required
- Experience making user experience decisions
- Experience partnering with development teams
- Pharma marketing and healthcare examples in portfolio a plus, but not required
- Experience managing direct reports a strong plus, but not required
- Expert-level proficiency with Sketch, InVision, Adobe Creative Cloud, and Microsoft Office Suite
DIVERSITY & INCLUSION AT CLOSERLOOK
- At closerlook, we are committed to building an inclusive environment across race, gender, age, religion, identity and personal experience. We celebrate our differences and champion diverse thinking to drive innovation. We believe we’re strongest when we’re together — all of us — to help better serve our clients and the communities around us.
ABOUT CLOSERLOOK, INC.
closerlook is a new type of marketing agency that helps biopharma brands make a difference in the lives of patients and those who care for them.
We focus on what matters most—the combination of better patient outcomes and bigger business impact.
Learn more at closerlook.com
EQUALITY FOR ALL: AT THE HEART OF WHAT MATTERS
At closerlook, equality for all is a core value that’s at the heart of what matters. We believe in building a diverse and inclusive culture across race, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, mental health, and physical ability. We celebrate our differences and champion diverse thinking to drive innovation — in a safe environment so everyone can be their authentic selves. By valuing and promoting our different backgrounds, perspectives, and experiences as strengths, we are positioned to best serve patients, healthcare professionals, and the communities around us.