About G2 - Our People
G2 was founded to create a place where people will love to work. We strive to create meaning in work and provide more than just a job: a true calling. At the heart of our community and culture are our people. Our global G2 team comes from a wide range of backgrounds and experiences, and that’s what makes our G2 community strong and vibrant. We want everyone to bring their authentic selves to work, and we do this through our company and team events, our G2 Gives charitable initiatives, and our Employee Resource Groups (ERGs).
Our employee-led, leadership-supported ERGs celebrate the diversity of our team, foster inclusivity and belonging, and create a space to connect to each other. Through connections and understanding, we build a stronger and more dynamic global team and help every person reach their personal peak.
We support our employees by offering generous benefits, such as flexible work, ample parental leave, and unlimited PTO. Click here to learn more about our benefits.
Due to Covid, G2 is currently operating fully remote until it is safe to return to the office.
About G2 - The Company
When you join G2, you join the global team behind the largest and most trusted software marketplace. Every month, 6 million people come to G2 to inform smarter software decisions based on honest peer reviews. Authenticity is our focus, and every day we help thousands of companies, and hundreds of employees, propel their potential. Ready for meaningful work that starts and ends with compassion and heart? You’ve come to the right place.
G2 is going through exciting growth! We’ve recently secured our Series D funding of $157 million, which will further allow us to grow and develop our product and people. Read about it here!
About the Role
G2 is looking for a hard-working UI/UX leader to join our Product R&D Team. You will be in charge of helping to lead the mission by owning the G2 product visual design and usability. You will work with a decentralized team of UX professionals as well as business owners to drive strategy and direction to deliver a marketplace vision. We are looking for a design leader in a non-manager capacity to work closely with product managers, marketers, and engineers in an agile environment to drive the planning, testing and delivery of new features, executing on the product roadmap.
In this role you will:
- Design Process: You lead and coach others on the creation of low and high fidelity wireframes, mock-ups, and prototypes to validate new product and feature ideas. You improve the design process and contribute to a consistent and effective system of design to drive a cohesive product portfolio experience.
- Communication: You are able to clearly communicate to technical and non-technical teams the impact based on research to drive the greatest impact within internal team stakeholders, and partners. You will support continuous customer and prospect discovery sessions as well as project-based discovery that inform design direction with qualitative data.
- Cross Functional Collaboration: You collaborate with front-end and back-end development team members to create simple, scalable, and effective product experiences. You understand technical constraints and can creatively problem solve. Coordinating with the product team to establish design priorities to drive the most impactful business results.
- Analytics and Testing: You run quantitative and qualitative tests and distill results into actionable plans for development initiatives. You are able to speak across the G2 internal organization and strategic partners to guide alignment.
We realize applying for jobs can feel daunting at times. Even if you don’t check all the boxes in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway.
- 5+ years of experience in a UX/UI Design role dealing with consumer-facing websites, apps, software and/or mobile experiences, with experience in UGC (User Generated Content) a significant plus.
- Strong visual design aesthetic and experience in designing in an agile environment.
- Familiarity in designing across multiple screen sizes and devices.
- Proficient with Adobe Creative Suite, Abstract and Sketch in a mac environment; knowledge of Amplitude or another user insight tool a plus.
- Research and validation experience including usability testing and a/b testing.
- Exceptional UI design, including but not limited to, concepts, prototypes, data visualization.
- Experience creating sitemaps, wireframes, and customer journeys.
- Desire to be part of a team that values great design and high-quality work.
- Ability to recognize UX/UI issues and propose solutions.
- Solid understanding of user-centered design principles and practices.
- Clear passion about G2 portfolio and ability to identify possibilities in our industry.
- Ability to understand business objectives and stakeholder needs and translate them into solutions.
Anticipates problems, and seeks opportunities.
- Organized with high attention to detail.
- Values an inclusive and authentic team culture.
- Desires to bring whole self to work by authentically contributing to team growth and professional development.
Our Commitment to Inclusivity and Diversity
At G2, we are committed to creating an inclusive and diverse environment where people of every background can thrive and feel welcome. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, age, or marital, veteran, or physical or mental disability status. Learn more about our commitments here.