PowerReviews works with more than 1,000 global brands and retailers to increase conversion and improve products and customer experiences with Ratings and Reviews and Q&A software. Ratings and Reviews solutions from PowerReviews are essential for consumers as they search and shop online and in-store, and they are proven to increase online site-wide sales up to 17%.
In your role as a Senior Designer, you will be required to produce and oversee digital and print creative solutions to address our marketing needs.
As the Sr. Designer you have an in-depth knowledge of graphic design, styles and layout techniques. You also have experience executing marketing projects from conception to production, including websites, brochures, and product packaging. Ultimately, you will ensure the design team promotes our brand by delivering high-quality pieces on tight deadlines.
You will be responsible for delivering our visual brand identity across all touchpoints and for raising the design standards at PowerReviews overall. You are comfortable designing within and expanding the overall brand style. You are passionate about every aspect of visual communication—from the web to print, email to video, and yes, even banner ads, you know how to translate our visual identity effectively for any medium. You embrace the opportunity to exercise skills in new mediums such as video and motion graphics. You’re an outgoing, self-motivated designer with the ability to work independently and as part of a team. You can work with other designers, marketers, and sales folks to meet the demands of a growing business. Finally, you are empathetic to our customers and their needs.
The Sr. Designer should expect to work onsite at our HQ in Downtown Chicago.
- Overseeing all design projects, from conception to delivery. Designing original pieces, including illustrations and infographics. Reviewing 3rd party designer work to ensure high quality.
- Work with the Marketing Team to conceptualize and create beautiful and compelling brand experiences.
- Manage a wide range of design projects from start to completion. This includes videos, website, paid landing pages, emails, display ads, one-pagers, signage, data-sheets, brochures, sales collateral, storyboards, printed swag, event materials, and more.
- Experience working with interactive content
- Collaborate with team members from around the company to ensure branding and deliver memorable customer events.
- Manage a 3rd party designers to ensure on-time delivery of high-quality design projects while managing within budget constraints
- Oversee all design projects, from conception to delivery
- Design original pieces, including illustrations and infographics
- Review junior designers’ work to ensure high quality
- Refine images, fonts and layouts using graphic design software
- Apply typography techniques
- Maintain brand consistency throughout all our marketing projects
- Liaise with marketing and to ensure deadlines are met
- Stay up-to-date with industry developments and tools
Requirements & Preferred Skills:
- 5+ years experience designing within an agency or an in-house design team
- Expert knowledge of the standard design tools such as Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, and Sketch as well as key presentation tools such as Google slides and PowerPoint
- Experience working Wordpress-based websites (or a similar CMS)
- Experience working in marketing automation tools like Marketo
- Experience in video editing tools
- Strong project management skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to collaborate across teams
- Strong leadership capabilities and ability to manage 3rd party designers
- Working knowledge of HTML/CSS is a huge plus
- Experience in the SaaS space is an equally huge plus
- 4-year degree in design or a related field preferred
About Our Team
The Design Team at PowerReviews is small, consists of both internal and 3rd party resources, but one with a great amount of influence and responsibility. Sitting within the marketing team, we are researchers, architects, designers, and feedback gatherers. We are the bearers of quality. We build trust with our teams and customers by delivering consistently, by communicating frequently and collaborating at every step.
PowerReviews is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) that welcomes and encourages all applicants to apply regardless of age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify and/or expression, national origin, disability, veteran status, marital or parental status, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy or other reasons prohibited by law.