Senior Instructional Designer
We are adding a Senior Instructional Designer to our Learning and Development team!
As a Senior Instructional Designer you are a leader - designing our trainings and learnings to be creative, memorable and impactful. As a Senior Instructional Designer you have an eye for great content and the communicative & technical skills to create a thoughtful learning experience.
As a Senior Instructional Designer you are well-experienced as a designer with a history of creating impactful trainings with proven success. You have a deep understanding of design, development principles, and best practices including how they vary depending on delivery method.
You, as a Senior Instructional Designer at Snapsheet are a builder and a do-er. You are a creator, innovator and efficiency seeker. Your vision is just as innovate as ours. As a person, you believe in our values, just as much as we do.
Sound like you? Keep reading for more detail.
Day-in-the-life of a Senior Instructional Designer
- Design and develop a range of learning experiences for varied audiences. Solutions include ILT, eLearning, blended learning, online job aids and other innovative knowledge transfer methods.
- Mentor junior IDs in analysis, development and design best practices for multiple delivery methods.
- In partnership with training manager, lead the NH program redesign efforts, including creation of framework (task analysis, skills hierarchy etc.) to support curriculum development and content creation.
- Participate in identifying an LMS and virtual classroom that meets specific audience needs, with scale in mind, and support implementation efforts.
- Conduct statistical analyses to establish assessment development and validation, pass point setting, and assessment scoring.
- Conduct root cause analysis of operational trends to identify new hire training gaps and opportunities for training interventions.
- Partner with cross-functional SMEs and conduct launch needs analysis and initial design.
- Manage multiple ongoing projects establishing project priority, milestones, scope, goals, deliverables, resources, timing, etc.
- Collaborate with subject matter experts (SMEs) to ensure efficacy and accuracy of existing content.
Qualifications for the Instructional Designer
- Degree in instructional design, e-learning, adult learning, educational technology, or other related degree or certificate programs with 2+ years experience or 5 + years equivalent practical experience.
- Knowledge of rapid training development tools, various eLearning authoring software, and LMS.
- Expertise in design framework (special consideration to individuals who have worked in Criterion Referenced Instruction process).
- Deep understanding of design and development principles and best practices and how they vary depending on delivery method.
- Experience with pre-hire assessments a plus.
- Innovative thinking, action-oriented mindset, high adaptability, and ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment