Senior Manager, Creative at RXBAR
We’re looking for a Senior Manager, Creative to join our Creative Team in Chicago, IL.
We are seeking a Senior Manager to lead our in-house creative team who will promote our mission and elevate our communications. More specifically, we need an experienced writer / designer with a background in content, social and 1:1 marketing who is excited about the opportunity to innovate in a results-driven environment. We believe great marketing and ideas translates across a variety of media, so we’re seeking someone who is comfortable being uncomfortable but has a great sense of performance driven creative over gimmicks.
The right candidate will have experience in developing outstanding creative, a strategic mind, a good sense of how our business works and the ability to connect human insight to consumer needs, while helping the rest of the creative team develop their skills. If your rewards are based on good work that delivers business results and not award show hardware, then we’d like to talk to you.
General Functions + Responsibilities:
- Develop original creative concepts and approaches.
- Lead creative team in concepting and execution across a variety of marketing vehicles.
Work includes product packaging, marketing collateral, web/e-commerce content, email content, and social media content. Pitch-in to support overflow creative work.
- Must have a good understanding of social media strategy and how good creative fits into its success.
- Manage the day-to-day execution of all creative requests. Ensure all creative assets are delivered on-time and on-brief.
- Supervise, support and manage internal team through concepting, reviewing work, troubleshooting, and providing feedback. Develop the team and their creative and strategy skills.
- Spearhead continuous improvement of internal creative practices and processes, including briefing, concepting, feedback, and project management
- Work closely with Brand, Integrated Marketing, and Website teams to develop purposeful creative that supports integrated marketing programs, driving targeted awareness and converting to purchase
- Serve as the connection between the Creative team and cross-marketing and cross-functional stakeholders to ensure all organizational creative needs are met.
Skills + Qualifications:
- 7-10 years of creative experience in copywriting or art design. Some creative director experience a plus, but not required
- Bachelor's Degree preferred
- Mastery in all standard creative and design tools and software a must. This role is not a hands-off and manage from above role, it’s a roll up your sleeves and help do the work type of role. This is part of our culture for everyone. The right candidate must have the humility to fit into this culture
- A creative multi-disciplinary thinker and problem solver who never gives up
- Ability to work in ambiguous and dynamic work environment; is comfortable with risk and uncertainty
- Naturally curious, always questioning and improving
- Good at storytelling, visually and verbally; able to toggle between strategy & execution; values high engagement and effective creative over awards
- Effectively and pro-actively communicates (verbally and written) with internal and external stakeholders across all levels
- Possesses an in-depth understanding of various marketing channels and the type of creative that works within them. Specifically, content, but also able to think both strategically and aesthetically within digital, social, email, retail, etc.
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Self-starter who works well with others to deliver results
- Desire to learn, excel, and grow with the organization
What’s important to the team?
Our ideal candidate is an innovator, collaborator, problem solver, and listener. You are not satisfied with the easy way out and approach each project as unique, looking for creative ways to connect with our audience. You are empathetic to consumers and partners, curious, hard-working, and forward thinking, and have a passion for a wide range of purposeful creative.
This year, the Creative Team is focused on elevating our internal capabilities and delivering variety and engagement in the work we do. We are going take our ability to create great content, communication and campaigns for our growing brands to the next level.
About us: RXBAR is a clean-label snack brand with products made from a few simple ingredients and no BS. RXBAR simplifies food by creating snacks that are real and delicious. It's honest and straightforward—no overblown claims, certifications, or gimmicks. With products including RXBAR, RXBAR Kids, and RX Nut Butter, RXBAR makes food that not only tastes good, but is wholesome and nutritious too.
Perks & Benefits: Competitive salary, comprehensive benefits package, 401K plan with Company match, cell phone & fitness membership reimbursement, subsidized commuter benefits, bike & helmet, unlimited products (for real), RXBAR gear and invaluable experience growing a company.