Senior Product Design Manager, Growth (Remote) at Root
As a Senior Product Design Manager on the Distribution Team at Root you will
- Coach and mentor your team to help them achieve the best possible outcomes for their work, negotiate with their partners, and grow their skill sets.
- Build strong relationships with your counterparts—from product management, business development, engineering, and beyond—to ensure alignment and help guide and evolve our product development process.
- Apply human-centered design methodologies and marketing tactics while working collaboratively with customers and your partners
- Collaborate on product strategy and roadmaps, and craft a vision for our various distribution channels
- Facilitate good working relationships with stakeholders at our partner companies and understand their unique business objectives and customer needs.
- Show good judgment on when to invest in the long-term versus a fast and simple approach to a problem.
- Socialize your work to leadership and peers across the company, as well as stakeholders at our partner companies
- Demonstrate leadership on the wider Design team. Mentor, inspire, give feedback and model best practices and behaviors to others on the team.
- Learn and evolve. From leadership skills and design craft to research and industry market trends, you’re excited by the opportunity to challenge, grow, and learn new things.
What We're Looking For
- 7+ years of experience designing digital products. 2+ years of experience in a people management role or equivalent leadership activities.
- Ability to lead and mentor designers.
- A customer champion and practitioner of human-centered design methodologies with a deep understanding of digital product development.
- Strong communication and negotiation skills; ability to collaborate with partners in marketing, product management, and engineering through the whole product lifecycle
- Experience working closely with cross-functional partners in engineering and product management.
- A self-starter who thrives in ambiguity, and can balance switching between strategy-level and pixel-level work.
- You can switch between the macro: big picture thinking of business and customer needs , and the micro: the specific moments of an experience and how it impacts what people do and feel.
- High attention to detail; comfortable independently multitasking and prioritizing projects in a fast-paced work environment.