Senior Product Designer, Growth at Sprout Social
From our employee experience to our products, design matters at Sprout Social. We’re looking for a Senior Product Designer to join our team as we continue to build beautiful, helpful and easy-to-use software that powers human connection and changes the way the world sees “social.”
As a Senior Product Designer on the Growth team, you’ll be surrounded by smart, ambitious and caring teammates that want to innovate, experiment, learn, succeed, and fail together. You’ll optimize and own experiences across every phase of our customer journey and all areas of our software. From project kickoff to release, you’ll have your hand in the direction of what we make, how we make it, what we learn from it, and how we tell its story. You’ll put all of your design skills on display. Even better: you’ll learn new ones along the way.
Collaboration and partnership is key for everyone working at Sprout Social. In Product Design, you’ll partner with other designers, engineers, product managers, marketers, and senior executives. With our feedback-driven culture, you’ll run workshops to get project input while offering helpful advice of your own to others.
In this role, you’ll have the chance to demonstrate every facet of your strategic design acumen. We’re looking to see you flex your understanding of our business, users, and industry in addition to designing beautiful UI. We’re amped to hear your favorite quantitative and qualitative research methods. We can’t wait to see your prototypes in Figma or even code. We’re eager to watch you apply our strategic frameworks and growth principles. No doubt we’ll learn new design practices from you, too!
We’ve got a great culture, and we’re looking forward to you adding your own influence to all that we do!
These are the minimum qualifications that our hiring team is looking for in this role:
- A honed set of full stack design skills (research, UI design, and UX design) to strategically increase a products value to customers
- A working understanding of key growth principles and frameworks
- Experience designing for B2B, SaaS and/or Product-led-growth companies
Additionally, these are the preferred qualifications that would indicate a particularly strong candidate:
- Experience solving product problems in ways that aim to directly impact key business metrics
- Passion for creating and leveraging strategic frameworks, like service design blueprints, growth funnels, customer journey maps and segmentation models
- Evidence of cross-device and systems thinking, with a commitment to uphold and evolve quality standards through contributions to our design system
- Ability to thrive in highly collaborative, cross-disciplinary environments, proactively working across teams and departments to deliver elegant experiments, artifacts and experiences
- Strong communication skills, with the ability to effectively give and receive feedback, facilitate working sessions and rally a team towards a strategic vision
Note: When applying, please include a link to samples of your work. This could be a portfolio website, a zip file of artifacts, or even your shipped work in the public domain.
Within 1 month, you will…
- Experience Sprout’s in-depth onboarding, covering everything from our company mission and values, hearing directly from executives and founders, to deep training on our products and the value that Sprout delivers to our customers.
- Make a plan with your manager to set initial priorities, align on expectations for your role, plant goalposts for your career, and learn about Sprout’s approach to building products.
- Meet all of the designers on our team, getting a lowdown on our design system, tools and file structures, and learn how Product Design partners with every other organization in the company.
- Get to know your counterparts within our product organization and form important bonds with your Product Managers and Engineers.
- Learn how Sprout has done things to date, and think about how we make our Product Design team and processes even better going forward!
Within 3 months, you will…
- Attend product planning, stand-ups and all other rituals across the wide range of teams you’ll be a part of.
- Talk to customers, collaborate with your team and begin designing real world work!
- Take advantage of Sprout’s ‘Focus Days’—a day dedicated to no meetings so everyone can focus on the work that we’ve committed to.
- Present your research, insights and design explorations with partners across Design, Engineering and Product Management and executives.
- Influence Product Design team initiatives that help advance our practice and improve our efficiency and effectiveness as a team.
- Share your own tactics, processes, and favorite things about being a maker while geeking out with fellow designers and strategists within the broader Design organization at Sprout.
Within 6 months, you will…
- Continue career conversations with your manager and make sure you’re working not just toward the goals of the company, but your personal growth goals as well.
- Deepen your influence on our design and product strategy as you learn more about our customers and industry.
- Run your own design workshops to bring together engineers, product managers, and other people around the company to collaborate on defining and designing great user experiences.
- Ship work into the world and get real user feedback so that we can continue to make our work even better.
Within 12 months, you will…
- Have learned a lot about what works and what doesn’t on our team and in our product. You’ll help us think through how we make Sprout, and our “Growth stack”, even better for the next year ahead!
Of course, what is outlined above is the ideal timeline, but things may shift based on business needs and other projects and tasks could be added at the discretion of your manager.
About Sprout Social
Sprout Social powers open communication between individuals, brands and communities through elegant, sophisticated software. We are relentless about solving hard problems for our customers and committed to both customer and team success. Our team’s shared belief in Sprout’s mission promotes a culture of openness, empowerment and fun.
We’re proud to regularly be recognized for our team, product and culture. Our benefits program includes:
- Insurance and benefit options that are built for both individuals and families
- Progressive policies to support work/life balance, like our flexible paid time off and parental leave program
- High-quality and well-maintained equipment—your computer will never prevent you from doing your best
- Wellness initiatives to ensure both health and mental well-being of our team
- Ongoing education and development opportunities via our [email protected] program, employee-led diversity, equity and inclusion initiatives and mentorship programs for aspiring leaders
- Growing corporate social responsibility program that is driven by the involvement and passion of our team members
- Beautiful, convenient and state-of-the-art offices in Chicago’s Loop and downtown Seattle, for those who prefer an office setting
Whenever possible, Sprout wants to provide our team with the flexibility to work in the location that makes the most sense for them. For those that prefer an office setting, this role may be based in our Chicago or Seattle locations. If you prefer to work from your home, we can accommodate that for many locations across the United States. We are not set up in all states, however, so please take a look at the drop down box in our application to see whether your state is listed.
Sprout Social is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and an Affirmative Action Employer. We do not discriminate based on identity- race, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex (including sexual identity), age, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, veteran or military status, unfavorable discharge from military service, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, order of protection status, citizenship status, arrest record or expunged or sealed convictions, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state, or local law. Learn more about our commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion in our 2020 DEI Report.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. We'll do all we can to ensure you're set up for success during our interview process while upholding your privacy, including requests for accommodation. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
For more information about our commitment to equal employment opportunity, please click here (1) Equal Opportunity Employment Poster (2) Sprout Social's Affirmative Action Statement (3) Pay Transparency Statement.