Senior Product Designer, IoT at Cisco Meraki
Cisco Meraki is the industry leader in simple, secure, intelligent networking and IoT platforms. We empower organizations everywhere – from local libraries to global hotels – to focus on their mission and have technology that simply works. Our portfolio includes wireless, security, intelligent insights – plus smart cameras and sensors.
Cisco has named #1 Best Company to Work For in the U.S. by Fortune in 2021!What we're looking for
As a Senior Product Designer, you'll work with our innovative IoT team to help build experiences around Meraki's newest line of environmental sensors. Our environmental sensors system is powerful, secure, and doesn’t need on-premise servers –which makes it fast and easy to deploy one to hundreds of sensors per site. Collaborating closely with cross-functional partners, you’ll balance a strategic approach with lean design execution. You’ll get to understand the complex needs of customers, help to set the vision for the product grounded in those needs, and partner with a cross-functional team to build it iteratively.
Our team's primary focus is on software, but we also find opportunities to collaborate with teams across the organization and think about how to improve the entire customer journey. Meraki believes the quality of our products is dependent on the quality of our teams. We place a high value on nurturing the growth and development of everyone on our team. On the Design Team, we give and get feedback early and often, share what we know, and learn from each other.Responsibilities:
- Craft experiences for mobile and desktop designed to monitor events from sensors and present meaningful analytics.
- Identify the right problems to solve, run and synthesize research, sketch and prototype solutions, design hi-fidelity screens.
- Iterate based on peer feedback, user research, usability testing, analytics, and other data.
- Collaborate with partners in product management and engineering to define problems and explore solutions. Build effective working relationships and bring the wider team into the design process.
- Present persuasively. Be able to tell the story of a project and clearly articulate design rationale.
- Advocate for design-centered product enhancements grounded in research and analysis.
- Evangelize the impact of design with business partners.
- 6+ years of experience.
- Designed solutions for complex domains and workflows, understanding the complexities to make them simpler and more approachable.
- Experience designing experiences around IoT devices, cameras, or sensors.
- Experience designing across platforms, including fluency with mobile patterns.
- Pushed to understand the user needs behind feature requests.
- Balanced exploring a space and developing a vision with shipping often and iteratively.
- Worked with PMs and developers to understand trade-offs and to ensure that the details are done right.
Does this sound like you? We’d love to hear from you!
Please include a link to your online portfolio. Only those applications that include portfolios will be considered.
At Cisco Meraki, we’re challenging the status quo with the power of diversity, inclusion, and collaboration. When we connect different perspectives, we can envision new possibilities, inspire innovation, and release the full potential of our people. We’re building an employee experience that includes appreciation, belonging, growth, and purpose for everyone.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.