Passionate about making a difference in the world of cancer genomics?
With the advent of genomic sequencing, we can finally understand our genetic makeup. We now have more data than ever before but providers don't have the infrastructure or expertise to make sense of said data. Here at Tempus, we are building the infrastructure to modernize cancer treatment. By analyzing a patient’s genetic data in the context of molecular therapies, Tempus empowers physicians, researchers, and scientists to use real world data to make decisions in the clinic and for discovery of novel therapies.
We're on a mission to connect an entire ecosystem to redefine how genomic data is used in clinical and research settings. We're looking for designers who are passionate about changing the status quo and bringing cancer care into the 21st century.
What You'll Do:
As a Senior Product Designer, you will be part of a team responsible for defining the experience of our research products for our Life Science customers. These customers are charged with using real world data to discover novel therapies for cancer care and range from scientists with little or no coding experience to R/Python coders to machine learning engineers. We're looking for a passionate designer with a deep understanding of the product development process and is capable of executing a design from concept to development. You should be reliable, resilient, flexible, and an excellent communicator. You are comfortable working closely with developers, product managers, and data scientists. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter who not only thinks deeply about user needs, but also has an incredible eye for visual design and data visualization. You pay attention to details while still communicating and envisioning the ‘big picture’ of the product. You will research, design and implement new products that require thoughtful consideration and may reach multiple audiences.
- Iterate on Life Science personas and workflows to help shape the product strategy and vision with respective team members.
- Work with other designers on the team to manage a growing library of user research in EnjoyHQ and determine the best way to communicate the insights depending on the need.
- Build functional prototypes to validate and test your designs
- Manage timelines in an agile environment to deliver enterprise-grade products
- Deliver designs that suggest extreme attention was given to visual and interactive solutions and have the ability to work with engineers and product managers to execute on those designs to pixel perfection.
- Leverage the component library and explains the appropriate behaviors of components - is able to be creative and push the product forward.
- Evangelize human-centered design and data visualization best practices across Tempus
- Mentor junior designers
We’re looking for:
- 5+ years of experience
- A compelling portfolio of work that demonstrates high-quality design work that also tells a story that you are a deep design thinker
- Projects with data viz and/or designing for technical users preferred
- You are able to reference product goals and can speak confidently about how your work relates to the broader product vision and company objectives.
- A degree or certificate in HCI, interaction design, or equivalent experience
- A strong emphasis on user-centered design principles
- Comfortable with complex data and technical workflows
- A passion for data visualization
- Possess not just exceptional product design skills, but the ability to implement strategic and conceptual thinking as well. Capable of context switching between short and long term visions.
- A willingness to learn how to visualize complex oncology data and the humility to work with experts that will know more about the topic and how the data should be displayed.
- Strong organization and analytical thinking skills, with a track record of turning complex content into user scenarios and stories
- Intellectual curiosity to pursue the unknown and to continuously learn
- A preference for progress over perfection.
- A personal desire to build products that will save lives and change the course of cancer treatment
- Experience with Framer a huge plus
- Background or interest in biology a plus