Senior Product Designer, UX at Cisco Meraki
Meraki makes setting up and maintaining reliable Internet and Internet-powered devices easier than ever before. We enable organizations everywhere, from local libraries to hotels operating worldwide, to focus on their mission and have technology that simply works.
We’re looking for a Senior Product Designer to join our team in simplifying IT. As a Senior Product Designer at Meraki, you will lead UX projects and own the design of a product area or cross-product features. Working with partners in Product Management and Engineering, you will identify the right problems to solve and use design methods to choose and iterate on solutions. You will work to understand the complex needs of IT administrators, help set a vision for the product grounded in those needs, and collaborate with a cross-functional team to build it iteratively.
Meraki believes the quality of our products is dependent on the quality of our teams. We place a high value on nurturing the growth and development of everyone on our team. On the Design Team, we give and get feedback early and often, share what we know, and learn from each other. As a Senior Product Designer, you will mentor other members of the design team and help shape the team’s processes and practices.
Our team’s primary focus is on software, but we also find opportunities to collaborate with teams across the organization and think about how to improve the entire customer journey.
- Learn about the domain and workflows of our users.
- Design products: identify the right problems to solve, run and synthesize research, sketch and prototype solutions, make hi-fi visuals.
- Iterate based on peer feedback, user research, usability testing, analytics, and other data.
- Collaborate with partners in product management and engineering to define problems and explore solutions. Build effective working relationships and bring the wider team into the design process.
- Present persuasively. Be able to tell the story of a project and to precisely articulate design rationale.
- Solicit feedback from designers and a wide range of stakeholders. Provide helpful feedback to other designers.
- Mentor junior designers and contribute to team processes and practices.
You are an ideal candidate if you have examples of how you’ve done some of the following:
- Designed solutions for complex domains and workflows, understanding the complexities to make them simpler and more approachable.
- Shipped well-crafted and elegant designs.
- Built relationships with product teams (including engineering and product management), grew their understanding of design, and worked cross-functionally to define and prioritize problems.
- Dug deeper to understand the user needs behind feature requests.
- Balanced exploring a space and developing a vision with shipping often and iteratively.
- Established, documented, and/or evolved a design system.
- Worked with developers to understand trade-offs and to ensure that the details are done right.
- Proactively investigated problems and proposed solutions.
- You are familiar with all of the following areas, and expert in at least one: research, interaction design, graphic design, front-end code (HTML/CSS). You are eager to learn new skills and deepen your areas of expertise.
- Please include a link to your online portfolio
Does this sound like you? We’d love to hear from you.
At Cisco Meraki, we’re challenging the status quo with the power of diversity, inclusion, and collaboration. When we connect different perspectives, we can imagine new possibilities, inspire innovation, and release the full potential of our people. We’re building an employee experience that includes appreciation, belonging, growth, and purpose for everyone.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.