From our employee experience to our products, design matters at Sprout Social. We’re looking for Product Designers to join our team as we continue to build beautiful, helpful and easy-to-use software that powers human connection.
As a Senior Product Designer, you’ll be surrounded by smart, ambitious and caring teammates that want to build great things, together. You’ll be at the forefront of leading and supporting design at Sprout. From project kickoff to release, you’ll help drive the direction of what we make, how we make it and how we tell its story. You’ll put all of your deeply honed design skills on display. Even better: you’ll learn new ones along the way.
Collaboration and partnership is key for everyone working at Sprout Social. In Product Design, you’ll partner with other designers, engineers, product managers, marketers, and senior executives. With our feedback-driven culture, you’ll run workshops to get project input while offering helpful advice of your own to others.
We’re looking to see you flex your understanding of business, users and use cases in addition to designing UI. You’ll have the chance to demonstrate leadership through example through your strong aptitude, rigor and application of your craft skills. We’re amped to hear your favorite quantitative and qualitative research methods. We can’t wait to see your prototypes in Figma or even code. Hopefully we’ll learn new design practices from you, too!
We also recognize the paramount importance of providing options in your career path that will afford you the type of growth that best suits your strengths and goals. At Sprout, you’ll have the opportunity to pursue a path in craft or people leadership, with the ability to be a specialist or generalist. We believe in the equal value of both types of leaders, and can’t wait to see the stamp you’ll put on either path.
We’re looking for designers that have passions and skills in these areas:
- Accounting for the holistic customer journey in every crafted experience
- Applying systems thinking and telling unified stories across devices
- Upholding the standards of quality design and evolving the future versions of these standards through contributions to our design system
- Implementing rigorous research practices to ensure we aren’t just shipping product -- we’re shipping value to our customers and our business
- Creating elegant reading and writing experiences
As well as designers that have a great track record of:
- Communicating openly and authentically
- Collaborating with departments within and outside of Design
- Turning insights into informed user experiences
- Consistently delivering design at a high bar and elevating craft quality across the team
We’ve got a great culture, and we’re looking forward to you adding your own influence to all that we do.
Note: When applying, please share a link to a portfolio that showcases your recent work.
Within 1 month, you will…
- Experience Sprout’s in-depth onboarding, covering everything from our company mission and values, hearing directly from executives and founders, to deep training on our products and the value that Sprout delivers to our customers.
- Make a plan with your manager to set initial priorities, align on expectations for your role, plant goalposts for your career, and learn about Sprout’s approach to building products.
- Meet all of the designers on our team, getting a lowdown on our design system, tools and file structures, and learn how Product Design partners with every other organization in the company.
- Get to know your counterparts within our product organization and form important bonds with your Product Managers and Engineers.
- Learn how Sprout has done things to date, and think about how we make our Product Design team and processes even better going forward!
Within 3 month, you will…
- Attend product planning, stand-ups and all other productive rituals across the wide range of teams you’ll be a part of.
- Talk to customers, collaborate with your team and begin designing real world work!
- Take advantage of Sprout’s ‘Focus Days’—a day dedicated to no meetings so everyone can focus on the work that we’ve committed to.
- Present your research, insights and design explorations with partners across Design, Engineering and Product Management and executives.
- Influence Product Design team initiatives that help advance our practice and improve our efficiency and effectiveness as a team.
- Share your own tactics, processes, and favorite things about being a maker while geeking out with fellow designers within the broader Design organization at Sprout.
Within 6 month, you will…
- Continue career conversations with your manager and make sure you’re working not just toward the goals of the company, but your personal growth goals as well.
- Deepen your influence on our design and product strategy as you learn more about our customers and industry.
- Run your own design workshops to bring together engineers, product managers, and other people around the company to collaborate on defining and designing great user experiences.
- Ship work into the world and get real user feedback so that we can continue to make our work even better.
Within 12 month, you will…
- Get involved in Sprout Design programs and initiatives.
- Have learned a lot about what works and what doesn’t on our team. You’ll help us think through how we make Sprout Design even better for the next year ahead!
The team at Sprout is a group of incredibly talented, smart and passionate people with broad interests and backgrounds. We’re proud to regularly be recognized for software, product and company culture achievements across the SaaS industry. Our team’s shared belief in Sprout’s mission promotes a culture of openness, empowerment and fun.
We also built a benefits program to match the quality of our team. This program includes:
- Insurance and benefit options that are built for both individuals and families, including generous company contributions
- Progressive benefit programs, like our parental leave program and free Divvy bike memberships
- Beautiful, convenient and state-of-the-art offices in Chicago’s Loop
- Solid programs in some of the staples: transportation, disability and life insurance
- Wellness initiatives to ensure both health and financial well-being of our team
- Breakfast and lunch options onsite, and more healthy snack options and beverages than you can imagine
- Growing corporate social responsibility program that is driven by the involvement and passion of our team
We’re intentionally growing our team with diverse perspectives and experiences. If you’re looking for the next best design job of your career, we really want to meet you.
Sprout Social is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and an Affirmative Action Employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, marital status, order of protection status, citizenship status, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
For more information about our commitment to equal employment opportunity, please click here (1) Equal Opportunity Employment Poster (2) Sprout Social's Affirmative Action Statement (3) Pay Transparency Statement.
Additionally, Sprout Social participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law. We value the things that make us different and want to see how you can make our team better!