Senior Product Designer at Morningstar
- Be a thought partner to business and technology partners in defining and articulating business problems and identifying potential solutions to those problems.
- Model meticulous attention to detail while consistently delivering high-quality solutions that balance customer need, business value, and technical feasibility.
- Plan and lead product discovery efforts, flexing discovery methods to balance against time and scope constraints.
- Use design thinking, processes, and artifacts to drive conversations around the art of the possible, creating and presenting concepts using methods appropriate to the context.
- Make expert-level decisions around typography, space, color, and iconography while utilizing the Morningstar Design System and expressing the Morningstar brand.
- Demonstrate exceptional stakeholder management and relationship-building skills, effectively managing expectations and obtaining agreement on key objectives.
- Thrive in an Agile work environment and embrace iterative product development while maintaining a cohesive and holistic view of the overall design experience.
- Translate qualitative customer insights into actionable and appropriate feedback for product teams.
- Use data and experimentation in the design process to deliver on intended outcomes.
- Reinforce design and quality standards during work reviews.
- Provide art direction and feedback to other designers and help the cross-functional team discern how and when to consider stakeholder and customer feedback.
- Guide other designers on design standards and design strategy.
- Identify connections between products and communication channels and guide teams to build and plan for coordinated solutions.
- Partner with product owners and engineering leads to develop the end-to-end vision of the product.
- Mentor junior team members.
- Proven track record of delivering high-quality design experiences.
- At least 5 years of relevant professional experience specializing in user experience product design across digital platforms and/or enterprise software.
- Proficiency in digital design tools (Sketch, InVision).
- Knowledge of different user research methodologies with experience participating in and/or executing user research.
- Experience working with and contributing to design systems.
- Superb communication skills, both verbal and written; excellent attention to detail.
- Bachelor's degree in Graphic Design, Digital Design, Communication Arts, Human Computer Interaction, Industrial Engineering/Design, or a related field, or equivalent professional experience.
How to apply
Please include a portfolio of work that you're most proud of, so you can tell stories about your experience and the impact you've had. We're interested in the designs you've created and want to understand how you work with a team to solve problems.