Senior Product Designer at VillageMD
VillageMD is changing the trajectory of healthcare by empowering primary care physicians to make informed decisions and engage patients in meaningful ways. We work with thousands of clinicians and healthcare disruptors across the country to build and contribute to our platform to improve patient health while driving down the cost to deliver it.
We are a mission-oriented organization and are thrilled about the work that we do every day. We’re transparent, collaborative, and relentless in pursuit of our mission, all while doing so with humility and a low ego. We believe that diverse backgrounds and experiences create the best opportunity for innovation and the community that we are creating is greater than any individual.
As a Product Designer at VillageMD, you will have the opportunity to help craft an exceptional user experience for the digital products and tools we’re building for our patients. From helping our most at-risk patients manage their chronic conditions on a daily basis to seamlessly connecting all of our patients to their providers over video, we have an incredible opportunity to change how patients experience primary care. We’re actively building a product design team of generalists, but with strengths in different areas of the design process and we’d love for you to be a part of it.
Our ideal candidate is passionate about improving the lives of our patients, has a systematic and intentional approach towards design, and enjoys diving into pixels. You will have an opportunity to make an impact on multiple cross-platform products, and join a still small team where you could help shape and grow our design org.
What are examples of work that a Product Designer will do at VillageMD?
- Collaborate with Product Managers, Engineers, and other stakeholders to craft intuitive, cohesive, and delightful experiences from product conception through launch, as well as post-launch iteration.
- Produce day-to-day deliverables including prototypes (low and high-fidelity), wireframes, user flows, and interaction notes aligned with the goals and priorities of the team.
- Create cohesive patient experience by developing and documenting foundational guidelines and UI patterns.
- Contribute to and maintain our design system that will support our consumer-facing products across web and mobile
- Prepare and conduct usability tests on design concepts and prototypes, both online and in-person.
- Sometimes work on very broadly defined, loose concepts, and sometimes on narrowly defined, tactical deliverables.
- Dig up data that validates or invalidates ongoing product and design priorities and decisions.
- Speak with patients and clinicians to discover opportunities for us to improve.
- Participate in Design Critique, Design QA and other sessions, lead workshops and product thinking exercises.
- Help improve our design process and how we do the work.
What will make you successful here?
- A growth and collaborative mindset. Our work is better when we work together.
- Ability to design at all stages of development while integrating ongoing user research, building from sketches and wireframes to prototypes to high-fidelity mockups.
- A comfort level with exploring multiple design concepts and proposing different variations.
- Having and voicing a point-of-view on mobile and web design best practices.
- Desire to work on both very broadly defined, loose concepts, and sometimes on narrowly defined, tactical deliverables.
- Comfort in presenting cohesive design solutions to a non-design audience (including clinical, business, product, and technology stakeholders).
- Proven track record galvanizing a group around a north star vision, and experience breaking that down and iterating over time towards that shared vision.
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment and absorb information quickly to create a plan.
- You can think and design at a system level, not just interface elements or pages.
- Capable of balancing multiple priorities and projects while being adaptable to the changing needs of the business.
- A low ego.
The following experience is relevant to us:
- 5+ years of professional experience designing mobile and web applications. Bonus if in a B2C environment. Early-stage startup experience is a major plus.
- Skilled in multiple disciplines across product design (Interaction design, UI design, Research), with expertise in one or two areas.
- Deep understanding of both Material Design and iOS Human Interaction Guidelines.
- Experience working on or contributing to design systems (ideally coded).
- Experience working in direct collaboration with product managers, front and back-end engineers, and business stakeholders.
- Experience with modern design patterns, style guides, standard mobile paradigms, and responsive web design.
- Ability to see the challenge and mission of changing healthcare through the lens of the patient.
- Experience conducting both online and in-person UX research firsthand.
- Bachelor's degree in design, human-computer interaction (HCI), or equivalent professional experience.
At VillageMD, we see diversity and inclusion as a source of strength in transforming healthcare. We believe building trust and innovation are best achieved through diverse perspectives. To us, acceptance and respect are rooted in an understanding that people do not experience things in the same way, including our healthcare system. Individuals seeking employment at VillageMD are considered without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
For Colorado Residents only: The base compensation range for this role is $95,000 to $115,000. At VillageMD, compensation is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, location, etc. This role may be eligible for annual/quarterly bonus incentives (if applicable), and the selected candidate will be eligible for a valuable company benefits plan, including health insurance, dental insurance, life insurance, and access to a 401k plan with company match.