Senior Product Designer
We connect customers to the brands they love by way of a thriving marketplace and a members-only service that provides benefits across 140+ of the best online stores. Our members save time and money with benefits including free 2-day shipping, easy 2-click checkout, and free returns all while we help them stay up on the latest trends that appeal.
For merchants, we’re driving eCommerce business, producing insights with a growing data analytics practice to boot. With a powerful two-sided network and a robust data platform, we’re creating an eCommerce win-win, helping retailers compete. The landscape of retail is changing and we’re here to empower retailers to take their place in that exciting evolution.
We have people in offices around the world: Headquartered in Chicago, with offices in Conshohocken, PA (Philly area), New York, San Mateo and Krakow, Poland. We hustle to get things done, creating wins for customers, merchants and each other.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
The Senior Designer – Membership & Same Day Delivery will help execute on the direction, vision, and methodology for our Membership and Same Delivery Product Teams. This candidate will set the bar for quality by example, with energy and passion. This will require a strong point of view on design, hands-on creation of experiences, developing strategies for implementation within a complex ecosystem and building meaningful relationships within the organization. You will work to optimize and evolve our current Membership experience, effectively the core ShopRunner Value Proposition, with our key stakeholders in mind - ShopRunner members and retailers. You will also serve as the point experience designer to bring our new Same Day Delivery products to market with top tier retailers in major metro areas across the United States. You will collaborate across disciplines to develop user journeys and visual stories from design research, brand direction and market analysis, then create prototypes across varying levels of fidelity to help the team determine design direction for projects. You’ll work directly with Product Managers, Design Researchers and dedicated Engineers to help craft the next generation of customer experiences for ShopRunner.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Work closely with Product Managers, Analysts, Engineers, and our Retail partners to turn business requirements into design objectives that solve customer problems.
- Work even closer with Design Researchers to develop a deep understanding of what makes our customers tick, and design practical experiences that exceed their expectations.
- Build deep expertise in the eCommerce, Membership and Same Day Delivery spaces, helping to define ShopRunner’s competitive advantage and a best-in-class customer experience.
- Produce a variety of design deliverables and artifacts including user flows, information architecture, collaborative workshops and interactive prototypes and present your findings to project stakeholders.
- Balance work across a variety of projects that integrate digital, graphic and product design.
- Be the voice of our customers, deeply understanding the problems we are solving for our customers and how well our solutions meet those needs.
- Implement common, responsive and consistent experiences, patterns and style guides across the ShopRunner properties.
- You’ll travel 10 - 15% domestically
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- Minimum of 4-6 years of experience in Product Design, UI/UX Design or related field
- An obsession with customer research, psychology and behavior
- Ability to develop compelling user experiences
- In-depth knowledge of how to represent and communicate the customer journey (personas, jobs to be done, user scenarios/stories, storyboards/sketches, process maps, wireframes, etc.)
- Application of lean/agile product development methodologies -- identifying value, defining hypotheses and measuring experiments
- Ability to communicate clearly and persuasively with peers and senior management
- Deep knowledge of responsive techniques and the device landscape
- Entrepreneurial mindset and bias toward action
- A Bachelor’s degree in interaction design, HCI or related UX degree is ideal
We want you to bring your whole human self to work every single day. We accept you for who you are and consider everyone on an equal opportunity basis without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.