Senior Store Design Manager
Green Thumb Industries (GTI), a national cannabis consumer packaged goods company and retailer, is dedicated to providing dignified access to safe and effective cannabis while giving back to the communities in which they serve. As a vertically integrated company, GTI manufactures and sells a well-rounded suite of branded cannabis products including flower, concentrates, edibles, and topicals. The company also owns and operates a rapidly growing national chain of retail cannabis stores called RISE™. Headquartered in Chicago, Illinois, GTI has 11 manufacturing facilities, licenses for 72 retail locations and operations across 12 U.S. markets. Established in 2014, GTI employs approximately 600 people and serves thousands of patients and customers each year. GTI was named a Best Workplace 2018 by Crain’s Chicago Business. More information is available at GTIgrows.com.
We are looking for an enthusiastic design professional at our Chicago corporate office to lead the design process of RISE retail locations throughout the US. This job contributes to GTI’s success by collaborating with team members and managing external consultants to produce store designs that uphold the RISE customer experience standards, meeting cost, schedule and operational requirements. This individual will be responsible for providing clear, effective and timely communication of design direction, permit process management and is adept at troubleshooting and finding solutions along the way.
- Actively engage in and facilitate the design and permitting process of RISE retail locations in cooperation with cross-functional teams.
- Ability to balance design, with operational needs, budget objectives and delivery deadlines resulting in exceptional store environments
- Manage architectural and engineering consultants during their preparation of design work, construction documents and permitting process
- Collaborate actively with our entire team to assure a consistently high standard of store design quality and timely openings
- Assure design accuracy during bidding and construction phases through review of submittals (signage, fixtures, equipment) and response to RFIs.
- Support the ongoing development of design and documentation standards, tools, and processes
- Maintain focus and project momentum, sometimes with limited oversight, in a fast-paced work environment.
- Undergraduate Degree in Architecture or Interior Design
- 6+ years of professional experience (4+ years in retail and/or restaurant design)
- Current knowledge of industry trends in retail store and restaurant design
- Ability to execute multiple designs under tight deadlines
- Demonstrated 3D visualization ability and working knowledge of color and design principles
- Strong design and presentation skills
- Broad experience in finish selection and material sourcing
- Working knowledge of Building and Accessibility Codes
- Experience reviewing construction documents for quality and accuracy
- Skilled using AutoCAD, SketchUp and similar design related programs
- Familiarity with jurisdictional review and approval processes (Planning, Building, Signage, etc.)
- Highly motivated, self-directed, innovative and able to work independently or among teams with keen judgement, common sense and resourcefulness
- Adapts and thrives in a demanding, start-up, fast-paced environment
- Possesses a high level of critical thinking
- Operates with a high level of professionalism and integrity, including dealing with confidential information
- Must understand and comply with the rules, regulations, policies, and procedures of GTI
- Must have a solid understanding of the Medical Marijuana laws, rules and regulations and passion to further their understanding and knowledge of the industry and the laws.
- Travel 25%
- Must pass any and all required background checks
- Must be and remain compliant with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry
- Must possess valid driver’s license
- Must be a minimum of 21 years of age
- Must be approved by the D.O.A. to receive an Agent badge
At GTI we believe that our corporate community should be a reflection of the communities we serve. We are dedicated to fostering an inclusive culture that celebrates diversity across race, sex, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, nationality, religion, experience, and thought—not only because it is right, but because it makes us better. Our mission—the right to wellness—informs our commitment to champion economic opportunities in communities disproportionately affected by the war on drugs through employment and community involvement. GTI is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
We can't wait to meet you.
Read Full Job Description