Senior User Experience Designer, Associate at JPMorgan Chase (Chicago, IL)
Senior Product Designers conceptualize, structure, and detail our user experiences within the context of a broader user journey. They partner with Product Managers and Engineers, involved in prioritization, planning, and decisions along the way to execution.
We are not expecting you to be brilliant at everything, but we do presume some comfort throughout the design process, and a desire to continually broaden and improve your skills.
- Design and re-design product experiences across our Embedded Payments and Tokenization team offerings
- Participate in upfront user research to better understand user needs and behaviors, and usability testing to see how your solutions work for users, with the support and guidance of Experience Researchers
- Advocate for the users' perspective when collaborating with Product Managers and Engineers to plan roadmaps, gather requirements, and structure the work
- Ideation and prototyping to explore different options, including unexpected, but still workable solutions
- Diagram the interactivity of the product ecosystem, including omnichannel service and feature interactions, with user flows and wireframes
- Detailed UI design, built upon our Design System, that brings our solutions to life
- Present work, connecting design decisions to desired business impact
Required Qualifications, Capabilities and Skills
- Bachelor's Degree in relevant design discipline (e.g., Interaction Design, Human Computer Interface, User Experience Design), certification from credible bootcamp or similar accelerated learning program, or equivalent work experience
- Self-directed in both planning and structuring work and executing at expected levels of quality
- Prior work involves collaboration within design teams (with other designers, UX researchers, and content designers) and cross-functionally with product managers and software engineers
- Advanced skills in Interaction Design as well as either Visual/UI Design or Information Architecture; Intermediate ability in adjacent skills such as User Research, UX Writing, and Prototyping
- Able to show how your understanding of technical constraints and opportunities informed your design solutions
- Comfortable and confident when presenting work to cross-functional Directors
Preferred Qualifications, Capabilities and Skills
- Advocate for Accessibility Guidelines and Inclusive Design practices
- Has shipped multiple successful digital products, demonstrating user- and human-centered design approaches
- Demonstrated understanding of how design connects with broader business value
Chase is a leading financial services firm, helping nearly half of America's households and small businesses achieve their financial goals through a broad range of financial products. Our mission is to create engaged, lifelong relationships and put our customers at the heart of everything we do. We also help small businesses, nonprofits and cities grow, delivering solutions to solve all their financial needs.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
We offer a competitive total rewards package including base salary determined based on the role, experience, skill set, and location. For those in eligible roles, discretionary incentive compensation which may be awarded in recognition of individual achievements and contributions. We also offer a range of benefits and programs to meet employee needs, based on eligibility. These benefits include comprehensive health care coverage, on-site health and wellness centers, a retirement savings plan, backup childcare, tuition reimbursement, mental health support, financial coaching and more. Additional details about total compensation and benefits will be provided during the hiring process.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
About the Team
Our Consumer & Community Banking division serves our Chase customers through a range of financial services, including personal banking, credit cards, mortgages, auto financing, investment advice, small business loans and payment processing. We're proud to lead the U.S. in credit card sales and deposit growth and have the most-used digital solutions - all while ranking first in customer satisfaction.
The Digital team is dedicated to creating innovative, industry-leading products and experiences that help customers access, share and control their financial data so they can make smart decisions with their money. Teams enable innovation while adhering to the firm's data sharing principles of security, customer control and convenience, and privacy.