Commercial Card provides payment solutions to businesses, governments and other institutions for commercial expenditures, including business supplies, maintenance, repair, operational expenses and travel. Our solutions and best practices offer the control, reporting, reconciliation and financial benefits organizations need to streamline payment processes and help turn accounts payable departments into profit centers. Our online management applications provide clients with the ability to establish spending limits, create authorizations and workflows, streamline reporting and enforce buying policies throughout an organization.
Commercial Card operates within Treasury Services in J.P. Morgan Chase’s Corporate and Investment Bank (CIB).
The Senior User Experience Designer is instrumental in translating client insights into differentiated and relevant experiences for JPMorgan’s Commercial Card clients. They are responsible for promoting design thinking through proven practices to inform product development.
As Commercial Card Digital UX Designer, the candidate will engage with key stakeholders across business, product, architecture and technology teams to ideate digital experiences in support of the Commercial Card client lifecycle. This role requires a deep understanding of experience design for digital products and services of all kinds, sizes, shapes and contexts. You are a customer experience advocate, excited about our customer’s lives through simple, intelligent and enriching products and experiences. Responsibilities include creation, maintenance and execution of experience journeys, visual concepts, and prototypes to inform product development.
We are looking for candidates who are client-focused, passionate and experienced with creating useful and intuitive experiences in support our clients’ business processes. The Designer will influence and help drive the direction, vision, and methodology for our team and set the bar for quality by example. This will require a strong point of view on design, hands-on creation of experiences, developing strategies for implementation within a complex ecosystem and building meaningful relationships within the organization.
Your contribution at JPM
- Translate user needs, style guides, and business objectives into elegant client experiences through visual artifacts: service blueprints, journey maps, concept designs, prototypes, site maps, user flows, etc.
- Frame design solutions and explain your thinking and rationale in a compelling way.
- Maintain quality and consistency across experiences and interactions, ensuring that solutions are accessible.
- Uncover user needs through research & data, develop findings, generate concepts, and craft how people will interact with the products and services we design.
- Contribute to the communication of research findings, conceptual ideas, detailed design, and design rationale.
- Engage teams and help create workshops that brings focus to the user, defining an optimum experience.
- Create dialogue that helps to evolve the UX Design practice, pulling in state of the art methods from external and internal expertise.
- 3 - 5 years of experience in UX design and user research
- Undergraduate degree required (preferably BFA or BA in related field), graduate degree preferred
- Excellent communication skills including the ability to connect and empathize with clients
- Strong critical thinking, analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to understand, interpret and leverage data to optimize UX solutions
- Ability to prioritize design issues and demonstrate independent decision making
- Experience designing client-facing applications in a lean and agile environment
- Team player, with a strong work ethic and high energy levels
- Experience with generative and evaluative research methods
- Demonstrated visual design expertise
- Proficient with wireframing and prototyping tools such as Sketch, InVision, Figma and Axure
- Proficient with Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign)
- Financial services experience preferred but not required
- Experience with analytics platforms such as Tableau and Google Analytics
To be considered for this position, you must have a portfolio available for review.
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
About the Team
The Corporate & Investment Bank is a global leader across investment banking, wholesale payments, markets and securities services. The world’s most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. We provide strategic advice, raise capital, manage risk and extend liquidity in markets around the world.
The Digital team is dedicated to creating innovative, industry-leading products and experiences that help customers access, share and control their financial data so they can make smart decisions with their money. Teams enable innovation while adhering to the firm’s data sharing principles of security, customer control and convenience, and privacy.