Senior UX Content Designer - Remote at Nordstrom
As a Senior UX Content Designer for Nordstrom's core web and native app experiences, you create concise, well-crafted messaging that supports and helps define large-scale content strategy.
In this role, you'll collaborate with designers, researchers, product managers, and other key business stakeholders to write and test user-focused solutions for both customer-facing and internal tools for mobile, desktop, online, and in-store channels - while maintaining Nordstrom's tone and voice.
You'll help shape how that voice evolves and grows as you create innovative features and interactions that support Nordstrom's legacy and ongoing charter for outstanding customer service. You are a strong advocate for user-centered design and have a good handle on negotiating both short and long-term visions.
And who are we? The Nordstrom UX content team offers an extension of world-class customer service by leading the charge to inform, guide and delight customers.
Guided by empathy, we create responsible and accessible content using curiosity, data and strategic thinking to address business needs and improve customer pain points. We think big while keeping an eye on the nuanced and iterate as needed.
**To be considered as a candidate, you must submit 2-3 work samples, as PDF files or portfolio site link, within application. For work hosted on private portfolio site, access credentials must also be provided**
A day in the life...
- Leverage data and user feedback to drive and influence design decisions, both on the front end and in measuring success
- Create detailed content design deliverables (copy docs, informational/confirmation/error messages, push notifications) that effectively communicate UX thinking and business requirements
- Collaborate with other content designers, UX researchers, UX designers, and product managers to create an engaging end to end user experience for the customer
- Help solve complex UX problems using your understanding of content strategy, taxonomies, plain language, and information architecture
- Manage your time effectively and work in agile environment / schedule
You own this if you have...
- 5+ years of experience in UX/UI writing, content design, and/or technical writing or copywriting
- Bachelor's degree in relevant field (Human-Computer Interaction, English, Communications, or similar) or equivalent practical experience
- A portfolio of relevant UX content examples demonstrating not only your deep proficiency in UX writing, but also how you were integral to the overall design process
- A deep understanding of user-centered design principles and best practices, including content strategy and how it supports UX copy
- Ability to build and maintain strong, positive working relationships and collaborate with UX writers, UX designers, UX researchers and product managers
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively
- Demonstrated skill and experience with tools such as Mural, Sketch and Figma
- Experience working for retail or web-based companies, interactive/ad agencies or start-ups a plus
- Experience working on internal/employee tools a plus
- Experience with Agile development process a plus
Nordstrom is able to offer remote employment of this position in all US states except AR, MS, MT, NE, NH, ND, SD, VT, WV, and WY.
We've got you covered...
Our employees are our most important asset and that's reflected in our benefits. Nordstrom is proud to offer a variety of benefits to support employees and their families, including:
- Medical/Vision, Dental, Retirement and Paid Time Away
- Life Insurance and Disability
- Merchandise Discount and EAP Resources
A few more important points...
The job posting highlights the most critical responsibilities and requirements of the job. It's not all-inclusive. There may be additional duties, responsibilities and qualifications for this job.
Nordstrom will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with all legal requirements.
Applicants with disabilities who require assistance or accommodation should contact the nearest Nordstrom location, which can be identified at www.nordstrom.com.
© 2021 Nordstrom, Inc.
Current Nordstrom employees: To apply, log into Workday, click the Careers button and then click Find Jobs.