Morningstar brings inspired problem solvers together with one goal in mind-to help investors reach their financial goals. At our core, we're one of the world's top investment research and data companies. But where we set ourselves apart is how we use that data and research to serve a diverse range of users. Our investment data and research enable us to deliver analytics and insights with a purely independent view, and then we leverage the latest in technology and design to deliver an array of solutions that best meet our users' needs. This foundation of research, data, technology, and design uniquely positions us to provide a more complete set of services to investors all around the world-ultimately helping people make better decisions about their money, or the money they manage for millions of people all over the world.
Our design culture
The Morningstar design team is dedicated to creating thoughtfully designed financial products and services so that people across the world can make the best investing decisions for themselves and their clients. We synthesize complex financial information into experiences that empower our users to deliver better outcomes. The design organization is made up of several disciplines-visual, UX, communications, content, and research-united to help each other, and the whole company, grow. We're always seeking designers who are motivated, are driven to deliver user-centered outcomes, and are equally committed to craft and compassion.
Morningstar is looking for a UX designer to support our Individual Investor group. You'll focus on improving and evolving products that help individual investors succeed. You'll also contribute to the larger Product design organization by helping to continuously improve and advance Morningstar's overarching design systems and workflows.
We're looking for someone who's:
- Able to think about design holistically across product experiences so we're telling a cohesive story from end to end, not just individual parts.
- Able to translate user feedback and usage patterns into intuitive interactions and experiences.
- Eager to master complex information and translate it to experiences that resonate with our users.
- Curious, resourceful, and able to bring energy to a team.
- Open to feedback and can defend design decisions.
- Deeply collaborative and can bring teams and people together to solve problems.
- 4+ years' experience designing for product or web experiences
- A background in UX design, content strategy, information architecture, product design, or similar design experience
- Solid understanding of UX design principles and user-centered design
- Experience planning and conducting research activities, such as user interviews and usability testing
- Experience working with design systems
- Experience with or an interest in financial topics or investing
- Design facilitation experience a plus
- Strong knowledge of Figma, Microsoft Office 365, and macOS preferred
- Design and plan for the next generation of our media site and newly launched Investor product and how those platforms and experiences connect
- Collaborate with colleagues on all parts of the process, from discovery, definition, development, and delivery
- Solve for navigation and information organization challenges both in product and on our media site
- Make and articulate decisions around information structure and relationships
- Create personas, experience maps, and user journeys to identify pain points and opportunities within an experience
- Create site maps, wireframes, low-fidelity prototypes, task flows, and other artifacts to visualize and communicate design direction
- Conduct, analyze, and socialize user research, including user interviews and usability testing, so we can better understand the needs of our users
How to apply:
Please include a portfolio of work that you're most proud of, so you can tell stories about your experience and the impact you've had. We're interested in the designs you've created and want to understand how you work with a team to solve problems.
Morningstar employees are required to be fully vaccinated or submit to regular testing to work in any office. Morningstar's vaccine policy may be modified to comply with evolving legal requirements and other changing circumstances.
001_MstarInc Morningstar Inc. Legal Entity