Senior UX Engineer at project44
Our mission is to usher in a new era of trust and predictability to transportation and logistics, but there’s still a lot of work to be done. The industry is massive, as is the opportunity. We’re looking for bright, ambitious individuals to join our growing global team and help us enable a more productive and successful world. We’re changing the way the world ships, and we’re looking for you to help us get there!
About the Design Team
We use design to differentiate and position ourselves as the market leader. We have a strong design culture, where talking to customers is the start of any project. Our team plays a vital role that ensures we focus on the right problems, craft creative solutions, and deliver gorgeous experiences to our customers.
The Design team advocates for our customers and works alongside Product, Engineering, and Growth to deliver the best solutions and experiences. You will report to the Director of Design Systems and work alongside other UX Engineers, Product Designers, as well as colleagues from Product, Engineering, and Brand teams.
You’ll join as a Senior UX Engineer driving the technical solutions for the design systems at project44. Developing reusable UI components, providing technical best practices and crafting meaningful documentation to help support our product teams. As a Senior UX Engineer, you’ll be responsible for influencing the full system lifecycle, from technical ideation, research, and creating the system design vision to pixel-perfect implementation.
You should feel comfortable leading technical initiatives, advocating for our users, and being the voice of quality UX-led vision throughout the organization. We’d love to see you apply if you have a background in leading design system experiences end-to-end and growing UX-focused culture within your team.
What should excite you about developing for project44:
- Getting to reimagine the world of global logistics — replacing complex, legacy systems with a modern, delightful experience for every persona involved.
- Impacting the ways your favorite brands and stores manage their supply chains.
- A strong user experience culture, where talking to customers is the start of any project.
- Building for the long term by expanding our design and brand systems.
- Close collaboration with product management and design.
- A fun, upbeat, and fast-paced team to work with spread across the globe.
What gets us excited about you:
- Years of experience working in a frontend or full stack engineering role
- Experience in building UI components that are modular, composable, flexible, maintainable, and well-documented
- Experience with testing for UI (React Testing Library, Cypress) and deploy/release strategies for libraries
- Working with emerging trends in web application development, including the various approaches to styling (CSS Modules, CSS-in-JS, Sass, etc.)
- Familiarity with component libraries (Material UI, Carbon, Polaris, and Ant) and design system tooling (such as Storybook, Playroom)
- Knowledge of design tooling (Figma, Abstract, Sketch)
- Strong attention to detail, collaboration and communication skills
- Passionate about building for everyone because you understand the importance of internationalization and localization
- Knowledge of technical constraints and guidelines as they apply to designing for digital platforms, including web, iOS, and Android
- You’ve worked with design systems before and continue to champion its value and impact
- Proactive attitude, effective independently and as part of a team
- Act as the liaison between Product Design and Engineering
- Ability to present your work and communicate your technical process to the wider organization
- Partner with the Design team to envision the future of our design system
- Motion experience for complex animations
- WCAG 2.1 knowledge for accessibility compliance
- Knowledge with micro-frontend services and SPA frameworks
Travel + Location
Regular travel will be required to our HQ in Chicago, IL (USA) as well as for some offsite collaboration with our team.
A link to your portfolio (and password, if necessary) or an uploaded PDF portfolio is required to apply.
Diversity & Inclusion
We're designing the future of how the world moves and is connected through trade and global supply chains. We can only deliver a truly world-class product and experience if our teams are as diverse and unique communities we are building for. So it's up to us to create a company where anyone can bring their authentic self to work everyday. We're constantly working to improve, and we accept our responsibility to elevate the voices left in the margins. It's on every one of us.
Our focus on inclusion manifests in the way we hire, the customers we serve, and the regions we prioritize. We're building a company that every one of us at project44 is proud to work for: a company that celebrates you for being you.
We pride ourselves on celebrating everyone — project44 is an equal opportunity employer actively working on creating a diverse and inclusive work environment where underrepresented groups can thrive. If you share our values and our passion for helping the way the world moves, we’d love to review your application!
For any needed accommodations during the hiring process, please email [email protected] Even if you don’t meet 100% of the above qualifications, you should still seriously consider applying. Studies show that you can still be considered for a role if you meet just 50% of the role’s requirements.
More about project44
Since 2014, project44 has been transforming the way one of the largest, most important global industries does business. As transportation and logistics continues to evolve and customer expectations around delivery become more demanding, industry technology must rise to the occasion. In just a few short years, we’ve created a digital infrastructure that eliminates the inefficiencies caused by dated technology and manual processes. Our Advanced Visibility Platform is used by the world’s leading brands to track shipments, collaborate with supply chain partners, drive operational efficiencies, and create outstanding customer experiences.