Senior UX Researcher at Reverb
Our core belief is that music makes the world a better place. Through Reverb Gives, a portion of every sale provides students, teachers, and leaders of music programs across the world with instruments they need.
The Senior UX Researcher’s primary responsibility is driving and executing research strategies in partnership with product, product marketing, analytics and partners across the company. Do you want to be an integral part of a product team, helping teams understand what questions they should be asking in order to drive their work forward? The insights the Senior UX Researcher brings to the table fuels the product team's passion for the problems they are solving! The Senior UX Researcher’s time is spent helping teams focus their most pressing questions, engaging with customers and internal users to explore their needs, identifying ways our products can better address those needs, and socializing those opportunities with product teams and throughout the organization. In addition, the Senior UX Researcher plays a vital role mentoring and supporting other UXRs.
- Partner with product managers, designers, engineers, product marketers and analysts to identify and prioritize opportunities and customer problems that are strategically vital to better understand
- Help product teams, fellow UXRs and partners reframe their questions to better focus research
- Identify and pursue research opportunities that inform team and departmental product strategies
- Own all aspects of research strategy and project planning, including research strategy, defining audiences, identifying the appropriate research methods, recruiting users and scheduling research sessions
- Design and run iterative, mixed-method research using methods such as ethnographic/field research, diary studies, surveys, user/usability testing, ideation workshops, quantitative investigations with analytics, and any other methods you find impactful
- Synthesize research results, identifying deep insights that expose user needs and business opportunities previously unknown to the organization and building the context needed for crafting new solutions
- Partner with product managers, designers, engineers and product marketers to define the best way to address unmet user needs and new business opportunities
- Utilize storytelling in creative and compelling ways to evangelize the impact of UX research and to help cultivate a more informed, engaged, and empathetic organization
- 5+ years of experience conducting UX research on digital products or services
- BA/BS degree in Anthropology, Human-Computer Interaction (HCI), Human Factors, Psychology, Sociology, or a related field or equivalent practical experience. Graduate degree in one of these areas is a big plus
- Empathy for users and proven active listening skills
- Strong understanding of the strengths and shortcomings of different research methods, including when and how to apply them during the product development process
- Ability to think critically about user feedback in order to understand the root cause of frustration or identify an underlying user need.
- Significant experience facilitating brainstorms, story mapping, ideation sessions, or related collaborative techniques
- Naturally inquisitive, positive demeanor, open minded and focused on details
- Exceptional ability to synthesize multiple inputs to arrive at recommendations that deliver user-focused outcomes for the team
- Comfort with ambiguous, complex problems
- Experience mentoring and supporting more junior UX researchers
- The following are a big plus:
- Familiarity with behavioral analysis and statistical concepts is a plus
- Able to use visual, information design, and wireframing skills to communicate conclusions and recommendation from research
- 100% paid medical, dental, and vision coverage for employees and their eligible dependents (you read it right: no premiums!)
- Life, AD&D, and supplemental long-and short-term disability insurance
- A matching 401(k)
- A flexible take it as you need it PTO policy
- 12 weeks of gender-neutral parental leave for the birth or adoption of a child
- Up to $7,500 reimbursement of adoption-related expenses
- Ways to give back to you community through a charitable contribution match and volunteer time off
At Reverb, we believe that a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace makes us a more relevant, more competitive, and more resilient company. We welcome people from all backgrounds, ethnicities, cultures, and experiences. Reverb is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.