Senior UX Researcher at ShopRunner
We connect customers to the brands they love by way of a thriving marketplace and a members-only service that provides benefits across 140+ of the best online stores. Our members save time and money with benefits including free 2-day shipping, easy 2-click checkout, and free returns all while we help them stay up on the latest trends that appeal.
For merchants, we’re driving eCommerce business, producing insights with a growing data analytics practice to boot. With a powerful two-sided network and a robust data platform, we’re creating an eCommerce win-win, helping retailers compete. The landscape of retail is changing and we’re here to empower retailers to take their place in that exciting evolution.
We have people in offices around the world: Headquartered in Chicago, with offices in Conshohocken, PA (Philly area), New York, San Mateo and Krakow, Poland. We hustle to get things done, creating wins for customers, merchants and each other.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Do you want to help revolutionize the retail experience for millions of consumers? At ShopRunner, we’re changing the way we deliver products to our consumers and partners by putting the customer at the forefront of everything we do. As a Senior User Experience (UX) Researcher, you will strategically advance how ShopRunner ideates, builds, improves and measures its products. Specifically, you will bring the power of empathy and data together to create extraordinary experiences that impact the future of retail.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Design and conduct research studies across multiple products to derive meaningful and actionable insights about our users’ needs, attitudes, behaviors, emotions, pain points and preferences
- Collaborate closely with product leaders, designers, developers and other stakeholders to build customer empathy and influence the overall product strategy and roadmap
- Partner with data analysts to balance quantitative data with qualitative insights to uncover how our users interact with ShopRunner products and experiences
- Lead cross-functional design-thinking sessions to solve complex customer problems and drive innovation
- Execute qualitative research projects end to end, including developing a research plan, recruiting, moderating, and analyzing results
- Present key research findings and recommendations in compelling and creative ways to a diverse audience ranging from product teams to senior executives
- Mentor and coach UX researchers and designers including sharing best practices and frameworks to build a human-centered design culture
- Obsessed about customers, never settling for good enough and inspiring others on the team to do the same
- BA/BS degree in Psychology, Human-Computer Interaction, Anthropology, Human Factors or a related field; Master’s degree preferred
- 5+ years of UX research experience with digital products
- Strong understanding of the strengths and shortcomings of different research methods, including when and how to apply them during each phase of the product development lifecycle
- Comfortable in the early stages of product development, including working through ambiguity to define new and exciting products and features
- Proven track record of influencing the product strategy through user research and evangelizing research insights in order to help cultivate a highly informed, more effective, and more empathetic organization
- Experience working in a collaborative, agile and data-driven environment
- Familiar with Validately, UserTesting.com or similar tools
- Quantitative research experience a major plus!
We want you to bring your whole human self to work every single day. We accept you for who you are and consider everyone on an equal opportunity basis without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.