Senior UX Researcher at OCC
Join at exciting time as OCC builds out the UX team. The Sr. UX Researcher will drive experience led design using industry best practices, user research and up-to-date UX methodologies to ensure the best experience for OCC’s customer. Collaborate with business and technology teams to gather research, both qualitative and quantitative. Help prioritize UI enhancements based on user feedback and UX standards.
Propose improvements to enhance customer experience and usability, working across teams and strategic initiatives. Strong collaboration skills to work with small cross-functional delivery teams on projects, providing on the job training and support on all aspects of experience design methods and tools.
- Qualitative and Quantitative Research:
- Deliver UX research standards and drive adoption across the organization
- Propose improvements to enhance customer experience and usability across all digital platforms.
- Perform user testing at various stages of projects.
- Establish standards of UX research practices for projects, card sorting, A/B testing, user testing, usability testing etc.
- Analyze web metrics and recommend content improvements, changes and modifications based on traffic patterns, produce monthly reports and highlights.
- Proactively seek ways to automate processes and tasks.
- Work closely with Content Strategist on SEO and readability best practices
- Drive engagement in user research program for OCC, building on existing customer engagement.
- Usability best practices:
- Perform usability reviews on content, websites and applications.
- Introduce and incorporate the latest technologies and methods to deliver high quality, customer-centric user experiences
- Manage and coordinate multiple digital projects:
- Track and monitor UX progress from inception to completion, ensuring timelines are being met for multiple projects.
- Proactively communicate project status to business owners and key stakeholders as needed and manage deliverable/launch expectations with all business owners. Participate in Agile ceremonies and plan sprints to get ahead of Development.
- Accountable for delivering high quality, customer-centric experiences which provide a consistent and device-appropriate experience across all the organization’s digital channels/ products.
- Perform business, design, and technical analysis on new and/or proposed efforts that impact the team.
- Create project, business and technical documentation and plans, as needed.
- Serves as a liaison among marketing, strategic alliances, product management and product development to achieve a consistent, successful product for the user.
- Actively seek opportunities to improve operational efficiencies.
- Adhere to all policies and procedures and maintain or update related documentation as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Expert in the UX space, understanding current best practices and where the movement is going next.
- Seasoned UX researcher, practiced methodologies and knowledge of current tools.
- Team-oriented individual who can communicate effectively with teammates and management verbally and in writing.
- Advanced knowledge of web analytics and tools.
- Experience with Axure or comparable prototyping tools (Balsamiq etc).
- Experience with Morae, OptimalSort, Survey Monkey or comparable tools, etc.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, HCI, Web Design, Psychology or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and relevant work experience.
- Experience in UX research methods.
- Experience with Agile Methodology
- At least 7 years work experience preferred