Sr. Manager of Industrial Design at Pampered Chef
Purpose of the Role:
This is an opportunity to lead the industrial design team for Pampered Chef’s portfolio of durable products designed to build kitchen confidence and create mealtime wins for people around the globe. Reporting to the CMO, in this role you will work with our talented team of our designers in partnership with product management, engineering, supply chain, marketers, outside vendors and other key stakeholders to develop new products spanning a broad array of categories including small appliances, cookware/bakeware, and kitchen tools. From concepting to execution, your team will lead the development of these products while championing and advancing Pampered Chef’s product design language and visual brand identity.
- End-to-end product development from research and early concept exploration to product DFM and launch.
- Develop a team of top design talent, ensuring a culture of continuous improvement through inspiring, coaching, and guiding them throughout the product development cycle
- Inspires peers and adjacent teams through sharing new design trends and competencies and demonstrating creative thinking, exploration, and problem solving.
- Uses understanding of materials and manufacturing processes to ensure concepts and final products align to the financial deliverables of the business, troubleshoot technical issues throughout development, and maintain design intent.
- Partner with Sr Product Mgr, Innovation to visualize 3+ year out concepts across key categories and relevant adjacencies.
- Responsible for developing a strategy around the visual brand language (Materials, colors, geometry, etc) including the appropriate user interfaces and performance / quality translations.
- Serve as a core team representative for consumer research function, providing the right organizational “tension” to ensure the teams are appropriately oriented and thoughtful to the customer and their perspective
Competencies for Success:
- Business Insights
- Cultivates Innovation
- Develops Talent
- Directs Work
Measures of Success:
- New product gross margin/selling consultant
- Product Reviews
- New Product Development Milestones
Education & Experience:
- BS in Industrial Design required; Masters in Marketing or PD preferred, MBA highly desirable.
- Minimum of 8 years in new solution and/or technology development in a business segment with lifecycles in the 3-5 year range, preferable housewares.