Our Value Proposition:
Clearcover is a venture-backed technology start-up disrupting the trillion dollar legacy insurance market. We’ve focused on building products that create confident, happy customers - and we’re flourishing. We believe in putting our people first, paying them well and working together to solve tough problems. If you’d like a high-growth opportunity with an award-winning company, let’s chat.
What is a Sr. Product Designer at Clearcover?
Clearcover is looking for an experienced Senior Product Designer to join our growing UX team. This is a great opportunity to reimagine the online insurance shopping process as a delightful experience that people will tell their friends about. You will work closely with our team of researchers, content strategists, and product teams to understand and fulfill business goals while designing best-in-class experiences for our customers.
We are looking for a natural problem solver who is obsessed with putting the consumer front and center. This is an amazing opportunity to be a part of a rapidly growing startup rated one of the top companies to work for in 2021 by Glassdoor.
What will you do?
- Leverage customer insights (qualitative and quantitative) to inform design decisions and strategies.
- Play an active role in customer interviews, focus groups, and usability testing.
- Work with business stakeholders to understand and drive business goals through design-thinking methodologies.
- Create industry-leading visual designs that deliver on our promise of providing delightful experiences to our users
- Work with product leaders to design solutions we can quickly deploy to learn and iterate from.
- Play an integral role in fostering a culture of design-thinking across the product design & research team, as well as the overall organization.
- Clearly and accurately communicate your design decisions to stakeholders across the organization.
- Design & create interactive prototypes that allow stakeholders to see the user journey through new product features & solutions.
- Help ensure that consumer-facing digital experiences remain consistent.
- Actively grow and maintain an internal design system that is shared across a larger set of digital products.
- Work with fellow product designers to collaborate on product solutions across a number of product teams.
What do you need?
- Experience designing products for a variety of platforms including but not limited to: web, mobile, iOS, and Android.
- A portfolio showcasing captivating visual designs.
- Expertise in one or more prototyping tools (InVision, Sketch, Principal, Framer).
- Extensive hands-on experience with one or more design tools such as Sketch, InVision, Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, etc).
- Ample amount of professional experience in a consumer-facing product design role.
- A strong understanding and familiarity with UX heuristics & best design practices.
- The willingness to ask questions when you lack the details necessary to complete a task to the highest standards.
But wait, there’s more:
As a people-first company, your health and well-being is a priority at Clearcover. While we do offer medical (and cover the vast majority of the premium), dental, vision (and cover 100% of those premiums) and 401K (we contribute 3% even if you contribute nothing), we’ve curated a stack of perks and benefits that stretch beyond the expected. With over half of our employees remote to the Chicago HQ office, we paved the way for flexible work locations and continue to offer this flexibility. Our people also have access to unlimited vacation, monthly mental health workshops, discounted gym memberships, equity in the company and an annual bonus program. Plus, if Clearcover is available in your state, you could have access to an employee discount on auto-insurance! Excited to learn more? Complete the application below!
Clearcover is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) that welcomes and encourages all applicants to apply regardless of age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify and/or expression, national origin, disability, veteran status, marital or parental status, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy or other reasons prohibited by law.