If you are a current Motorola Solutions employee, please click this link to apply through your Workday account.Company Overview
At Motorola Solutions, we create technologies our customers refer to as their lifeline. Our technology platforms in communications, software, video and services help our customers work safely and more efficiently. Whether it’s helping firefighters see through smoke, enabling police officers to see around street corners, or reliably keeping the lights on in homes and businesses around the world, our work supports those who put their lives on the line to keep us safe. Bring your passion, potential and talents to Motorola Solutions, and help us usher in a new era in public safety and security.
Department OverviewWant to design products that actually matter? Do you believe that the challenges facing public safety today can be solved by a thoughtful and holistic approach to user experience design? At Motorola Solutions, we help people be their best in moments that matter. We help firefighters see into burning buildings and police officers see around street corners. We are making schools, airports, hospitals and other public spaces safer by envisioning new technology for the future. The INNOVATION DESIGN TEAM at MOTOROLA SOLUTIONS is seeking a Sr. Staff UI/UX Researcher who is passionate about the same things we are: Future-facing technology, tackling complex problems, and the power of Design to make a difference in the lives of an incredible Mission Critical user group including Police, Fire, Security, and EMS, as well as in business essential commercial markets. Come work with our award winning design team.
Do you have a passion for really understanding why our users work as they do and how they get their jobs done? Do you want to uncover ways to make them safer and more effective in what can be challenging work environments? If so, you’ve come to the right place.
As a Sr. Staff UI/UX Researcher, you will be part of a community of researchers and designers tasked with overcoming complicated user challenges, transforming them into meaningful and critical experiences. You should already have a strong foundation in qualitative and quantitative research methods and a demonstrated ability to observe users and evaluate system performance across a range of roles, tasks and environmental conditions. You will work with a small, distributed and highly collaborative team to investigate user needs, behavior and workflows, and use research insights to help envision new design solutions that demonstrate sound physical, cognitive and social human factors practices.***Must include portfolio, personal website, or work samples demonstrating user-centered research experience to be considered for the position***
Scope of responsibilities:
- Create test materials and rigorous test plans for the measurement of individual and team performance across a variety of public safety and commercial products and applications.
- Develop user profiles & personas, workflows & scenarios and documentation of best practices to accommodate human physical, cognitive and social constraints within appropriate environmental, cultural and organizational contexts.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of design concepts, providing guidance on user interface design considerations, with emphasis on wearable products, display issues, visual interaction, physical manipulation and task and objective analyses.
- Develop and apply ergonomic, design and usability processes in the investigation of technical problems.
- Effectively communicate research insights through a variety of methods, from rich narrative through measurable design requirements and specifications describing user interfaces and internal structures for products.
- Demonstrated experience planning and executing short- and long-term research projects addressing complex user problems.
- Demonstrated written and verbal communications skills, including techniques to present research findings, and communication and persuade through rich user stories.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, demonstrating strong empathy and a passion for understanding user needs.
- Ability to collaborate effectively and work with the full range of user experience design professions as well as product management and software development.
- A rich appreciation for culture and end user work practices should complement your strong knowledge base in research and design.
- Experience with prototyping tools such as Axure, InVision or Omniture, as well as editing and animation tools such as Animate, Premier, or After Effects are a plus.
- Must hold a Master’s Degree in HCI/MMI, UX Design, Experimental Psychology, Engineering Psychology, Cognitive Science, Industrial Design, Anthropology, Sociology, or other user research related discipline.
- 2+ years professional experience with a Master's Degree
Referral Payment PlanYes
Our U.S. Benefits include:
- Incentive Bonus Plans
- Medical, Dental, Vision benefits effective Day 1
- 401K with Company Match and Day 1 vesting
- 9 Paid Holidays
- Generous Paid Time Off Packages
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Paid Parental & Family Leave
- and more!
Motorola Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran's status, or, any other protected characteristic.