Sr. Staff UX Researcher at ServiceNow
ServiceNow is the fastest growing enterprise cloud software company in the world above $1 billion. Because we know that it's great talent that will allow us to maintain that distinction, we hire carefully, select only the best talent, and continually develop and celebrate our people.
We have a passion for learning, building, and innovating. In a wide array of functions ranging from design and engineering to sales and finance, we work hard to provide each person on our global team with nonstop opportunities to have a meaningful impact and plenty of space to grow.
At ServiceNow, we embrace representation in and from all professional and personal backgrounds and cultures. This diversity inspires passion and creativity among our teams and propels innovation in our products.
This role is part of our Insights team - focused on Market, Product, UX, and Customer Research. They understand what customers need and work relentlessly to make discoveries that elevate our products and create experiences that our customers love. Our Researchers enable product management, design, and engineering leadership to make data-driven product strategy decisions.
Learn more about our team here: https://www.linkedin.com/company/servicenow/life/userexperience
What you get to do in this role:
- Represent and identify highly complex customer problems across the product and lead the design lifecycle from discovery through design validation and customer adoption
- Apply and adapt appropriate research techniques and methods for specific project needs
- Engage with customers to understand their unique needs for our products, defining and synthesizing user types and use cases
- Partner with Product Managers and Designers to provide highly informed strategic recommendations that influences decision making
- Validate feature and design direction through participatory design, early concept testing, formative and summative usability testing
- Provide direction, vision and leadership for large collaborative efforts
- Communicate and educate partners on findings through artifacts such as specific user segments, persona frameworks, jobs to be done, user journeys, task analyses, etc
- Provide mentorship to other members of the team and champion the discipline across the organization
What you have
Basic Qualifications (The must have):
- BA/BS degree or higher in the Human-Computer Interaction, Human Factors, Psychology, Cognitive Science, Human Factors, Anthropology, Human-Computer Interaction, Design, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience in applying customer-centered research techniques to product definition and designs
- Experience defining, planning and executing research studies including outlining objectives, goals, and timelines. This includes developing sample plans and determining the best data collection approach using quantitative and/or qualitative methods
- A portfolio of work representing research that influenced great insights or experiences. This includes examples of research goals, research methodologies used, the process followed, your involvement and role, data visualizations, and crisply articulated insights from the research
Preferred Qualifications (The nice to have):
- 10+ years' of work experience applying and conducting customer-centered research, Advanced degree is a bonus
- Experience developing insightful, probing questions that resonate with both highly technical individuals through business minded end-users using enterprise software
- In depth knowledge of user interface design, usability evaluation techniques, task analysis, and experimental design
- Experience with the creation and execution of online surveys as well as rich qualitative research techniques
- Expert presentation skills to visualize technically complex topics and make them easy to understand with customers as well as product management and design stakeholders
- Expert comprehension of personas, product and technical capabilities
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin or nationality, ancestry, age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status or any other category protected by law.
All new employees hired in the United States are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to such exceptions as required by law. If hired, you will be required to submit proof of full vaccination or have an approved accommodation, by your start date. Visit our Candidate FAQ page to learn more.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at [email protected] for assistance.
For positions requiring access to technical data subject to export control regulations, including Export Administration Regulations (EAR), ServiceNow may have to obtain export licensing approval from the U.S. Government for certain individuals. All employment is contingent upon ServiceNow obtaining any export license or other approval that may be required by the U.S. Government.
Please Note: Fraudulent job postings/job scams are increasingly common. Click here to learn what to watch out for and how to protect yourself. All genuine ServiceNow job postings can be found through the ServiceNow Careers site .
Work personas are categories that are assigned to employees depending on the nature of their work. Employees will fall into one of three categories: Remote, Flexible or Required in Office.
Required in Office
A required in office work persona is defined as an employee who is contracted to work from or aligned to a ServiceNow-affiliated office. This persona is required to work from their assigned workplace location 100% of the work week based on the business needs of their role.
A flexible work persona is defined as an employee who is contracted to work from or aligned to a ServiceNow-affiliated office and will work from their assigned workplace location roughly 3 days/week or less (generally around 40-60% of the work week). Flexible employees may choose to work the remaining working time from their workplace location or home. Flexible employees are required to work within their state, province, region, or country of employment.
A remote work persona is defined as an employee who performs their responsibilities exclusively outside of a ServiceNow workplace and is not contracted or aligned to a ServiceNow-affiliated office, including those whose place of work (pursuant to their terms and conditions of employment) is their home. Remote employees are required to work within their state, province, region, or country of employment.