SR UI DESIGNER
We’re here to ensure the advertising industry and the people in it are healthy and engaging positively and effectively with those around them. We’re here, ultimately, to improve the lives of people working in the media industry. And we take our responsibility seriously.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We’re looking for someone who is excited to work with a dedicated team of product managers, designers and developers to solve complicated problems. The Senior UI Designer will collaborate with a cross functional team in an agile-environment to efficiently create and convey design solutions for our products. The person in this role will create visual designs, but also be fluent in front-end technologies and have the ability to work with developers to implement design.
ABOUT THE PRODUCT AND ENGINEERING TEAM
At Centro, we’ve always been about making people’s lives better—from our employees to our clients. Today, we’re building a unified platform to execute every digital media advertising transaction, thus providing a new level of automation and intelligence in ad tech. This is an enormous task that will disrupt an industry and improve the lives of those who work within it.
To do this, we’re aggressively growing our team of engineers, product developers and designers. We are imaginative, passionate, determined and relentless in our efforts. Of course, we are fascinated by the complexity of engineering problems at this scale—it’s what brings bright minds together. But what keeps us coming back (and why we love coming to work every day) is the chance to improve how work gets done: freeing up people’s time so that they can dream bigger and make life better.
Come build something amazing with us.
- Develop, maintain and extend a system of design standard across Centro’s product suite
- Understand business requirements and objectives, while applying industry UI best practices
- Work closely with the Product, UX and Engineering teams to deliver amazing customer experiences, taking them from idea to execution. In addition, work with developers to translate designs and prototypes into highly polished, functional pages
- Build interactive prototypes to better communicate design ideas
- Inject usability and visual design into Centro products
- Advocate for the user while balancing business and branding goals
- Participate in design critiques, UX reviews and company-wide demos
- Meet regularly with the Product team and stakeholders to discuss project status, goals, roadblocks and areas for improvement
- When appropriate, use data visualization techniques to improve utility and usability
- 5+ years of design experience
- Excellent understanding of visual design, typography and interaction design fundamentals
- Extreme attention to detail (pixel-level sensitivity)
- Strong working knowledge of HTML and CSS in order to rapidly prototype interactions
- Ability to communicate ideas clearly and concisely to designer and non-designers alike
- Working knowledge of Photoshop, Sketch or Macaw
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent experience, preferably a background in Visual Design or related field.
Centro is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and support an inclusive workplace diverse in thought, perspective and culture. We celebrate all team members regardless of gender/identity, sexual orientation, race or cultural background, religion, physical disability and age. We are better together.