SR. UX Designer
This is a unique opportunity to join one of Chicago’s fastest-growing startups that is reshaping the logistics industry. FourKites is looking for a UX champion that will take our products to the next level. This Sr. Product Designer will live to solve real world problems by observing users in their natural environment, listen and read between the lines to identify true unmet problems.
In this role, you will explore and evaluate possible design solutions that address user needs; test solutions for viability through a range of qualitative and quantitative methods; measure design and user performance to plan for future iterations; work closely with product managers and engineering teams to optimize solutions for success and bring to market.
- You are a compelling storyteller, able to build empathy and convey the mindset of users to the broader organization.
- You have the ability to ask meaningful and impactful questions while being an excellent listener with keen attention to detail.
- You love collaborating with others; they should also love collaborating with you.
- You embrace ambiguity.
- You are passionate about building, prototyping, and continually evolving digital products throughout the product lifecycle.
- You can convey concepts through sketches, flows, wireframes, clickable prototypes, etc. – whatever method you determine to be the most efficient and effective to gain alignment and support from your target audience.
- You’re a systems thinker; you can logically visualize complex systems and user interaction flows.
- Works with the triad (Product Owner and Engineering leads) to prioritize features and product enhancements that meet customer needs and deliver value to our users and the business.
- Contributes to early stage discovery and product definition by developing a deep understanding and definition of users, framing the problem, evaluating current state experiences and areas of competitive disadvantage, designing concepts and prototypes.
- Plans and conducts user research, user testing, and other activities that bring user feedback into the product design process; Regularly shares findings and insights with PM and Engineering.
- Facilitates design thinking workshops with customers and internal stakeholders.
- Translates business requirements and user needs into tangible interaction design through detailed user flows, wireframes, and low-fidelity prototypes.
- Mentors and trains junior UX team members to ensure quality of design delivery within the product team and beyond.
- Works with the Director of UX and UX leads to streamline processes, workflows, and templates in support of lean and agile methodologies.
- Stays abreast of innovations in Supply Chain, UX best practices, interaction design trends and patterns, and tools/topics of interest to the UX community.
- Contributes thought leadership and evangelizes the value of UX to the broader business through lunch & learns, workshops, and other activities.
- Firm understanding of human-centered design and design thinking techniques.
- 3+ years of work experience in a product design/UX role.
- Demonstrated understanding of design, usability, and research best practices and standards.
- Familiarity with web accessibility guidelines and standards (e.g., AA and ADA) Familiarity with delivering UX artifacts within an agile or lean framework (e.g., design sprints, dual-track agile)
- Knowledge of Atlassian JIRA and Confluence platforms for agile collaboration.
- Experience with current design and rapid prototyping software, specifically Sketch + Invision.
- Practical knowledge of analytics/behavioral analytics tools such as Pendo and HotJar preferred.
- Experience with qualitative and quantitative user research methods.
- Experience with A/B and multivariate test design and analysis.
FourKites is the largest predictive supply chain visibility platform, delivering real-time visibility and predictive analytics for the broadest network of Global 1000 companies and third-party logistics firms. Using a proprietary algorithm to calculate shipment arrival times, FourKites enables customers to lower operating costs, improve on-time performance and strengthen end-customer relationships. With a network of more than four million GPS/ELD devices, FourKites covers all modes, including truckload, LTL, ocean, rail, intermodal, last mile and parcel. The platform is optimized for mobile and equipped with market-leading end-to-end security.
If you are a California resident, here is our California Applicant Privacy Notice.