Sr UX Researcher - west coast at ServiceNow
ServiceNow is making the world of work, work better for people. Our cloud-based platform and solutions deliver digital workflows that create great experiences and unlock productivity for employees and the enterprise. We're growing fast, innovating faster, and making an impact on our customers' and employees' lives in significant and important ways. With over 6,900 customers, we serve approximately 80% of the Fortune 500, and we're on the 2020 list of FORTUNE World's Most Admired Companies.®
We're looking for people who are ready to jump right in and help us build on our incredible momentum, our diverse, engaged workforce, and our purpose to make the world of work, work better.
Learn more on Life at Now blog and hear from our employees about their experiences working at ServiceNow.
What you get to do in this role:
Work cross-functionally with key stakeholders including designers, other researchers, and product managers to plan, lead and execute research to understand the context and needs of employees.
• Analyze and synthesize data to generate strategic and tactical insights with actionable recommendations that drive improvements to various employee experiences.
• Partner closely with Product Management to inform product strategy and roadmaps with validated user research findings.
• Inform architectural design tasks such as user flows, information architecture definition, wireframing, etc. with the aim of communicating design opportunities to stakeholders.
• Support design direction through early concept testing, formative, and summative usability testing.
• Leverage existing ServiceNow user groups and communities as an additional channel for eliciting feedback
To be successful in this role you have:
Able to work west coast hours
At least 4-6 years of experience leading and conducting research projects on web-based and mobile apps.
• Proven success defining, planning and executing research strategies including defining objectives, goals, timelines and ability to select the appropriate methodology for the project. This includes developing sample plans and designing data collection instruments.
• Intermediate knowledge of qualitative and/or quantitative methodologies, such as user interviews, usability testing, information architecture, surveys, concept testing, data analysis, statistics, and benchmarking
• Must have very strong written and verbal English communication and presentation skills to prepare reports of findings using PowerPoint and Excel, explaining methods used and insights learned, and presenting research results to key stakeholders and leadership
• Must thrive on highly technical and complex environments and be able to deal with uncertainty, meeting challenges with a positive and problem-solving attitude, while being proactive, resourceful, and able to work independently with minimal supervision
• Experience with UserTesting, Qualtrics, OptimalWorkshop to conduct research; and knowledge of Figma, Sketch and/or Invision to collaborate with Designers when preparing to conduct research to walk-through prototypes and designs.
• Master's degree in Cognitive Science, Psychology, Human Computer Interaction, or any other related field. A working experience of the equivalent is also acceptable for the position.
What we would love to see from you during an interview:
• An inspiring presentation demonstrating your knowledge as a researcher, your creativity, problem-solving abilities, and collaboration skills working on a high-impact project that is complex and ambiguous.
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin or nationality, ancestry, age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status or any other category protected by law.
All new employees hired in the United States are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to such exceptions as required by law. If hired, you will be required to submit proof of full vaccination or have an approved accommodation, by your start date. Visit our Candidate FAQ page to learn more.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at [email protected] for assistance.
For positions requiring access to technical data subject to export control regulations, including Export Administration Regulations (EAR), ServiceNow may have to obtain export licensing approval from the U.S. Government for certain individuals. All employment is contingent upon ServiceNow obtaining any export license or other approval that may be required by the U.S. Government.
Please Note: Fraudulent job postings/job scams are increasingly common. Click here to learn what to watch out for and how to protect yourself. All genuine ServiceNow job postings can be found through the ServiceNow Careers site .
Work personas are categories that are assigned to employees depending on the nature of their work. Employees will fall into one of three categories: Remote, Flexible or Required in Office.
Required in Office
A required in office work persona is defined as an employee who is contracted to work from or aligned to a ServiceNow-affiliated office. This persona is required to work from their assigned workplace location 100% of the work week based on the business needs of their role.
A flexible work persona is defined as an employee who is contracted to work from or aligned to a ServiceNow-affiliated office and will work from their assigned workplace location roughly 3 days/week or less (generally around 40-60% of the work week). Flexible employees may choose to work the remaining working time from their workplace location or home. Flexible employees are required to work within their state, province, region, or country of employment.
A remote work persona is defined as an employee who performs their responsibilities exclusively outside of a ServiceNow workplace and is not contracted or aligned to a ServiceNow-affiliated office, including those whose place of work (pursuant to their terms and conditions of employment) is their home. Remote employees are required to work within their state, province, region, or country of employment.