Sr. UX Researcher at Clearcover (Remote)
Our Value Proposition:
Clearcover is a venture-backed technology start-up disrupting the trillion-dollar legacy insurance market. We’ve focused on building products that create confident, happy customers - and we’re flourishing. We believe in putting our people first, paying them well, and working together to solve tough problems. If you’d like a high-growth opportunity with an award-winning company, let’s chat.
In this role:
As a Sr. User Researcher at Clearcover, you will use qualitative and quantitative methodologies to uncover the motivations, needs, and pain points of our customers when it comes to shopping for and using their insurance. You will join our talented and growing Product Design Team to help us build world-class insurance products. We are seeking someone who offers experience collaborating with product managers, designers and developers to deliver compelling insights that represent the voice of the customer and help guide design decisions at Clearcover.
We need someone who can develop surveys, conduct moderated & unmoderated user interviews, create user personas, lead focus groups, and help design A/B and multivariate testing. As you develop a deeper knowledge about our customers, you will work on building ways to improve the capture and analysis of consumer behaviour. If you are a continuous learner, problem solver, empathic thinker and engaging communicator, this is the position for you.
We promise this is the most fun you’ll have in your career and the hardest thing you’ll do. Still interested? Here’s what you need to know:
What will you do?
- Work closely with the product design & product teams to help deliver products that will help transform the auto insurance industry.
- Design and develop research studies on time, within budget, using appropriate methods to gain meaningful insights.
- Collaborate across product, design, content, marketing and brand to identify and bridge knowledge gaps about the current and prospective Clearcover consumer.
- Identify opportunities to improve product experience through user interviews, focus groups, A/B and multivariate testing.
- Initiate qualitative research, from developing surveys to participant recruiting, development of prototypes for testing and setup for in-person labs.
- Collect and analyze data from research in order to be formulated into actionable insights to improve our product experiences.
- Provide constructive feedback to the design team on product design.
- Be an advocate for our users throughout our product development process.
What do you have?
- Undergraduate and/or advanced degree – preferably an educational background in Experimental Psychology, Cognitive Psychology, Human Factors, Human Computer Interaction, or other related disciplines with a solid foundation in research-based design using both quantitative and qualitative methods
- You have a minimum of 3-5 years of experience crafting/leading UX research in consumer-facing web and mobile products.
- You are proficient in a variety of UX research methods and tools, including rapid experimentation, prototyping, usability testing (remote and in-person), IDIs, ride-along, journey mapping, card sorting, prototyping, user interviews, surveys, persona development - and know-how/when to advocate for different methods.
- You are skilled at creating discussion guides and leading open-ended, contextual conversations to find answers to key questions.
- You enjoy helping teams uncover insights previously unknown to them, helping them think in new ways and be more innovative.
- Proven ability to collaborate with designers to realize human-centred designs based on your understanding of HCI fundamentals.
- Moderating usability studies for responsive web-based or mobile applications
- Demonstrable understanding of core UX principles
- An empathetic and human-centred approach to analysis
- Experience integrating user research into product designs and design practices.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced deadline-driven environment, manage competing priorities, and be an independent problem-solver
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to facilitate discussions
- High levels of energy, integrity and curiosity
- A bias for action and willingness to be accountable for your actions
- Must possess current authorization to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
But wait, there’s more:
As a people-first company, your health and well-being is a priority at Clearcover. While we do offer medical (and cover the vast majority of the premium), dental, vision (and cover 100% of those premiums) and 401K (we contribute 3% even if you contribute nothing), we’ve curated a stack of perks and benefits that stretch beyond the expected. With over half of our employees remote to the Chicago HQ office, we paved the way for flexible work locations and continue to offer this flexibility. Our people also have access to unlimited vacation, monthly mental health workshops, discounted gym memberships, equity in the company and an annual bonus program. Plus, if Clearcover is available in your state, you could have access to an employee discount on auto insurance! Excited to learn more? Complete the application below!
Clearcover is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) that welcomes and encourages all applicants to apply regardless of age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, disability, veteran status, marital or parental status, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy or other reasons prohibited by law.