UI Designer at Codal
Codal is a user experience design and development agency with a focus on blending an Agile process with the latest technologies. Our clientele has ranged from small business to the Fortune 100, but our philosophy has always remained the same: to empower brand visibility and deliver the most elegant web and mobile solutions possible.
Roles & Responsibilities
Codal is searching for a highly creative and experienced user interface designer to craft supremely usable, aesthetically appealing digital user interfaces. As a designer with a strong background in crafting interfaces for consumer-facing brands, our ideal candidate should be able to design around that brand and generate a creative vision direction for its digital campaigns. You must possess a mastery of design principles such as typography, illustration, imagery, content, and composition, and excel in wielding them in a web design application. As a brand steward, your duty will be to ensure the logos, icons, illustrations, and other graphics you create aligns with the style, aesthetic, and mission of our clientele.
Candidates must provide a comprehensive digital portfolio demonstrating a solid understanding of both UX and UI techniques and processes. Other responsibilities include:
- Producing a variety of visual design projects that consistently represent the brand in all digital channels. This includes but is not limited to: all forms of digital media, online advertising, social media, web, mobile, electronic communications, e-store, and digital screens.
- Interfacing with clients to provide up-to-date product imagery, logos, and other files for production
- Translating a brand’s mission or project requirements into artistic design solutions
- Producing all required design deliverables, create design elements and variations for brands
- Creating original design, typography, iconography, and art for digital screens
- Creating and annotating UI style kits and design guidelines, both from scratch and from existing brand conventions
Requirements / Must Haves
- 3+ years of verifiable UX and UI experience designing for complex systems across a variety of industries and touchpoints
- An extensive portfolio that demonstrates a solid understanding of both UX and UI techniques and processes.
- You have unparalleled artistic ability, channeling your talent into bringing a client’s vision to life
- You have strong creative intuition, and an infectious passion for design
- You thrive both independently and in a collaborative environment
- You possess strong interpersonal skills for client communication
- You have the ability to flourish when receiving constructive criticism, and recognize when to provide some of your own
- You can accurately communicate your design decisions, requirements, and ideas both verbally and through documentation package.
- You are an organization ninja, taking a group of requirements, strategies, and ideas and organizing them into a cohesive, usable structure.
- You go beyond UI and design, showing a passion for learning and understanding user experience concepts, scripting languages, and technologies relevant to the industry.
Why Work For Codal
As a Codal employee, you're a member of a dedicated & driven organization, composed of industry visionaries and auteurs. We take the utmost pride in our work and are truly passionate about the services we provide. As a world-class agency, we offer all of the benefits of an enterprise company, in a friendlier, tight-knit office community