UI/UX Designer at BigTime Software, Inc.
BigTime is looking for a talented UX/UI Designer to join our growing team. The ideal candidate will possess a skill set that encompassess both the UX and UI and the ability to carry out implementation with our global development team in an Agile environment. She/he should have varied experience that includes being able to take concepts from whiteboard to wireframes, through to hi-fidelity design prototypes and rollouts to clients. The focus of the role will be to assist the Product Team and other stakeholders in strategizing and developing the next generation of both our core suite of software as well as app development to the market.
We are looking for someone who is passionate about the user, visual design, and interaction design. If you love what you do, and want to work in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment that will challenge you to do your best, then check us out!
What you’d be doing:
- Gather and evaluate user requirements in collaboration with product team, stakeholders and engineers
- Illustrate design ideas using storyboards, process flows and sitemaps
- Design graphic user interface elements, like menus, tabs and widgets
- Build page navigation buttons and search fields
- Develop hi-fidelity UI mockups and prototypes that clearly illustrate how sites function and look like
- Create original graphic designs (e.g. images, sketches and tables) and ensure design consistency through product
- Prepare and present rough drafts to internal teams and key stakeholders
- Identify and troubleshoot UX problems (e.g. responsiveness)
- Conduct layout adjustments based on user feedback
- Adhere to style standards on fonts, colors and images
- Work closely with the developers to support any graphic/design needs.
- Ensure alignment of business goals with a superior end-user experience
- Proactively identify areas of improvement and potential future product enhancements
- Stay up to date with new UX trends, mobile/web technologies, design tools
We want someone who has:
- 3-5 years of proven work experience as a UI/UX Designer or similar role
- BSc in Design, Computer Science or relevant field
- Knowledge of wireframe tools or white boarding skills
- Up-to-date knowledge of design software like Sketch, InVision, Adobe Products
- Team spirit; strong communication skills to collaborate with various stakeholders
- Good time-management skills
- Detail oriented with excellent communication skills
- Ability to work in a high-energy, fast-paced environment
- Passionate about users, world-class design, and high-quality work
- Experience with Mobile Design
In lieu of a cover letter, please include a portfolio of design work. Must be included for consideration.
Working at BigTime has its benefits!
- Competitive salary and bonus potential
- Company paid benefits, including medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance
- Generous time off and paid company holidays
- Company provided latest technology & software tools
- Weekly Lunch Credit via GrubHub
- While the role is based in Chicago, we offer Flexible Work Environment with opportunity to work remotely
- Fresh fruit, snacks, cold brew coffee/tea, soda and La Croix
- Great, convenient downtown / loop location
Applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S. BigTime Software, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Your Right to Work - In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.