User Experience Designer at Motorola Solutions
If you are a current Motorola Solutions employee, please click this link to apply through your Workday account.Company Overview
At Motorola Solutions, we create technologies our customers refer to as their lifeline. Our technology platforms in communications, software, video and services help our customers work safely and more efficiently. Whether it’s helping firefighters see through smoke, enabling police officers to see around street corners, or reliably keeping the lights on in homes and businesses around the world, our work supports those who put their lives on the line to keep us safe. Bring your passion, potential and talents to Motorola Solutions, and help us usher in a new era in public safety and security.
Department OverviewWant to design products that actually matter? Do you believe that the challenges facing public safety today can be solved by a thoughtful and holistic approach to user experience design? At Motorola Solutions, we help people be their best in moments that matter. We help firefighters see into burning buildings and police officers see around street corners. We are making public safety smarter by envisioning new technology for the future.The INNOVATION DESIGN TEAM at MOTOROLA SOLUTIONS is seeking a User Experience Designer who is passionate about the same things we are: Future-facing technology, tackling complex problems, and the power of Design to make a difference in the lives of an incredible Mission Critical user group including Police, Fire, and EMS, as well as in Mission Essential commercial markets. Come work with our award winning design team.
As a User Experience Designer on the UX Design team you will….
- Work in a small team envisioning the future, designing end to end solutions for in-field users across diverse areas, including government, public safety and enterprise.
- Be an integral part of a growing team that is involved in strategic and innovative projects that will lead the company's vision.
- Collaborate with UX researchers to capture and synthesize insights from the field to enable UX designers to ideate, prototype and deliver designs to development teams to make them a reality.
- Contribute to future envisioning efforts in the form of design exercises, brainstorming sessions/workshops as needed within the team.
- Be someone that will approach each project as part of a greater strategy.
What we are looking for:
- Passion for research-fueled rapid ideation
- Holistic understanding of user experience design between hardware and software
- Self-starter and a strong desire for team collaboration
- Demonstrate compelling storytelling skills as well as a command of design thinking principles and best practices
- Knowledge and experience in Mobile UI/UX design preferred
- Knowledge and experience in services UI/UX design preferred
- Proficiency in Adobe CC, Sketch, InVision and other industry standard wireframing tools
- Knowledge in prototyping tools preferred
- Experience designing for voice interaction is a plus
***Must provide a link to a portfolio or digital examples of your work when applying.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in a design related field (Interaction design, services design, design communication) plus 3+ years of professional experience OR Master's degree in a design related field
Travel RequirementsUnder 10%
Referral Payment PlanYes
Motorola Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran's status, or, any other protected characteristic.