User Researcher, Purchasing at Affirm
Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest.
Are you driven by empathy and a passion for understanding people? Do you strive to uncover peoples’ deep needs and values through observation and interviews? Do you love testing concepts and solutions that seek to meet those needs? At Affirm, you will play a critical role in understanding the intimate relationship people have with their finances and how it impacts their daily lives. Your work will shape Affirm’s strategic relationships by uncovering deep insights about both types of our customers: consumers and merchants. You will join a talented, thoughtful team that is passionate about understanding how people perceive and manage their finances, and your work will help us create truly impactful experiences for our customers.What You'll Do
- Conduct research using a wide variety of qualitative methods, a subset of quantitative methods (i.e. surveys), and interpret analysis through the lens of UX, HCI, and social science.
- Generate insights that both fuel ideation and evaluate designs.
- Work cross-functionally with design, product management, content strategy, engineering, marketing, credit and analytics teams to identify research topics and design studies that address both user behavior and attitudes.
- Partner with engineers, analysts, and other technical roles to create and share research.
- Adapt and lead research practices to meet team needs under the tight time frames of a rapidly growing company.
- Synthesize and communicate research findings to inform business decisions and build even greater empathy for our customers.
- B.A/B.S. in Anthropology, Psychology, Social Science or a related field or equivalent experience.
- 3-5 years experience in applied product research.
- Experience conducting B2B research
- Command of a set of qualitative and user-centered design methods, general knowledge of quantitative and behavioral analysis methods.
- Demonstrated ability to plan and conduct research in close collaboration with people in a variety of roles, including design, engineering, and product management.
- Strong relationship development and communication skills, to foster a deep sense of partnership, to guide fast-moving teams, and to help translate research insights into clear strategies
- Ability to ask, as well as answer, meaningful and impactful questions.
- The drive to explore and define research opportunities throughout the company.
- Be highly adaptable in an ever-changing startup environment