User Researcher at SMS Assist
Sorry, this job was removed at 10:06 a.m. (CST) on Friday, February 26, 2021
- Planning, designing and conducting the value and usability testing process from developing user recruitment through to test moderation, analysis and reporting.
- Conducting research to gather insights for new product and concept developments.
- User requirements gathering and early-stage concept and prototype testing.
- Documenting insights gained from user research into formats to enhance organizational understanding of our users – such as personas and user journey maps. Collaborating with product managers and designers to devise appropriate research strategies to generate focused insights and to convert concepts into high quality stimulus material.
- Working closely with designers, product managers and developers to turn user data into actionable product/service requirements that feed into prototype development, and influence product direction
- Applying knowledge in human factors and the user-centered design process to product and service design in an iterative development environment
- Presenting findings and related design/business recommendations and customer insights to senior decision makers
- Promoting human-centered design principles and best practice across the organization
- Verbal Communication – Proficient
- Written Communication – Proficient
- Teamwork – Proficient
- Relationships – Proficient
- Organizational Awareness – Proficient
- Learning Agility – Proficient
- Problem Solving – Proficient
- Process Orientation – Proficient
- Prioritization – Proficient
Role Specific Skills
- Working knowledge of usability principals + techniques
- Good at influencing user needs to senior stakeholders and acting as a persuasive advocate for those needs.
- Experience of conducting user interviews.
- Experience analyzing both quantitative and qualitative data to produce UX artefacts.
- Previous experience of developing and conducting usability testing sessions.
- Ability to story tell and frame problems for a diverse audience of stakeholders, helping them visualize design opportunities
- A love for design and understanding of its value
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
- 2+ years of experience working in the field of user research
- Experience working in an agile product development organization
- Experience working with product / engineering teams