User Researcher at Affirm
Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest. Affirm, Inc. proudly includes Affirm, PayBright, and Returnly.
We offer financing to more customers than traditional credit, and because of our values, we never charge hidden fees. Affirm is dedicated to changing the way consumer finance works, and we’re just getting started.
You will play a critical role in understanding the intimate relationship people have with their finances and how it impacts their daily lives. You will bring others along in understanding how people perceive and manage their finances, and in doing so help the team build truly impactful experiences for our customers.
You will be working with a thoughtful team who values the perspectives of our customers and work together to ensure Affirm is centered around their goals.What You'll Do:
- Conduct research studies investigating user behaviors, needs and preferences to support informed product decisions.
- Generate insights that both fuel ideation and evaluate designs.
- Conduct research using a wide variety of qualitative methods
- Work cross-functionally with design, product management and content strategy.
- Synthesize and communicate research findings to relevant teams.
- 2 - 5 years experience in applied product research.
- Command of a set of qualitative and user-centered design methods.
- Proven ability to plan and conduct research in close collaboration with people in a variety of roles, including design, engineering, and product management.
- Ability to ask, as well as answer, meaningful and impactful questions.
- Aim to explore and define research opportunities throughout the company.
- Ability to clearly, concisely, and persuasively communicate your findings, verbally and in writing.
Affirm is proud to be a remote-first company! The majority of our roles are remote and can be located anywhere in the U.S. and Canada (with the exception of the U.S. Territories, Quebec, Yukon, Nunavut, and the Northwest Territories) unless the job indicates a different global location. We are currently building operations in Spain, Poland, and Australia. Employees in remote roles have the option of working remotely or from an Affirm office in their country of hire, and may occasionally travel to an Affirm office or elsewhere for required meetings or team-building events. Our offices in Chicago, New York, Pittsburgh, Salt Lake City, San Francisco and Toronto will remain operational and accessible for anyone to use on a voluntary basis, subject to local COVID-19 guidelines.
At Affirm, People Come First is one of our core values, and that’s why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can read about our D&I program here and our progress thus far in our 2020 DEI Report.
We also believe It’s On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.