UX Designer and Researcher at Kin Insurance
Kin Insurance is on a mission to change home insurance from what it could be to what it should be. We’re proud to offer affordable insurance coverage in areas most impacted by climate change, like Florida, California and Louisiana, that pay more for insurance than anywhere else in America.
We are also proud to be recognized as Built In’s 2021 Best Midsize Companies to Work For in Chicago and Forbes 2021 Best Startup Employers in America. We are growing super fast, and we need forward-thinking, inspired game-changers like you to help lead the way.So, what’s the role?
We’re looking for empathetic, passionate designers ready to revolutionize how home insurance is delivered and experienced. As our UX Designer/Researcher, you should feel equally at home conducting user interviews as well as producing interaction design artifacts. You will support the exploration, strategy, and design of experiences that change how home insurance is purchased and administered. You'll be dividing your time between conducting primary research, designing, and iterating on ideas alongside product, marketing, and engineering teammates.A day in the life could include:
- Conducting user interviews, developing personas, and identifying user needs
- Planning, scripting, and conducting usability testing
- Creating wireframes, storyboards, and user flows
- Ideating and designing concepts to drive KPIs
- Perform competitive analysis
- Prototyping and iterating on new solutions to complex problems
- Bachelor's degree in design, HCI, or equivalent experience.
- You have a strong portfolio of work that showcases a human-centered design process
- Previous experience collaborating with multidisciplinary teams and stakeholders
- Comfortable iterating on designs based on feedback, data, and insights
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Experience designing and prototyping with Figma is required
- Facilitation and collaboration skills aimed at aligning cross functional peers
- Ability to annotate design and collaborate with developers is a must
- Possess a growth mindset and natural curiosity to learn new domains and technologies
- Passion for making complex business tasks easy through user-centered design
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance (including 100% employer-paid plans)
- Remote Work (due to Covid-19) and flexible work hours
- Flexible PTO policy
- Very generous equity options and 401K
- Parental Leave
- Continuing education and professional development
- Disability and Life Insurance
- Onsite gym membership - when we return to the office (Chicago office only)
- The excitement of joining a high-growth Insurtech company and seeing your work make an impact
In an industry that hasn't budged in more than 100 years, our technology transforms the user experience, cuts inefficiencies that waste billions of consumer dollars, and customizes coverage homeowners want. We believe insurance was always meant to be a digital product – we’re making that a reality.
Our approach to the industry makes us unique, and the people at Kin help us excel. We’re a team of problem solvers, collaborators, builders, and dreamers who are passionate about creating positive change in the lives of our customers and in our industry. Kin is more than just our name – it’s how we treat each other. That’s one of the many reasons we’ve been recognized as a great place to work by Built In, Forbes, and Fast Company.EEOC Statement
Kin is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We don't just accept difference – we honor it, nurture it, and celebrate it. We don’t discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.