Jellyvision is hiring a User Experience Designer
Who we are
We at Jellyvision are the proud parents of ALEX, a platform that saves employees and their employers money by making tricky decisions—like choosing and using employee benefits—less confusing and more enjoyable. The success of ALEX has exceeded our wildest work-related dreams, which is why we need an experienced User Experience Designer to help us continue on our journey.
How you’ll help
As a UX Designer working on the Jellyvision Design team, you will be responsible for delivering delightful and intuitive product experience designs based on a deep understanding of customer and user goals. You will work closely with Product Managers and key stakeholders to understand the business goals for the product to be delivered. You will also work with Developers to understand the technical implications of your design choices. UX Designers work diligently to validate design assumptions through their expertise in rapid prototyping, user-centered design, information architecture, and system-level experience design.
What you’ll do
- Collaborate with product owners, developers, production artists, writers, and product researchers to give shape to product features.
- Develop scenarios, task flows, and wireframes to communicate detailed interaction behaviors and design strategies.
- Design, develop/build, test, and refine lightweight prototypes at the beginning of the iterative design process.
- Help coordinate end-user research initiatives, create test stimuli (prototypes, wireframes, surveys, etc.), collaborating closely with User Researchers to validate design solutions.
- Present recommendations to business stakeholders and technical teams to influence decisions that ultimately result in building the right products.
- Influence and socialize the user-centered design process.
- Champion the needs of the user within the company.
- Facilitate and lead design and brainstorming sessions with cross-functional teams.
- Help to inform the product roadmap.
- Manage a dynamic workload to balance priorities with deadlines to effectively meet project needs.
Experience & skills you’ll need
- 5+ years experience designing enterprise or web software experiences.
- Expert in information architecture, user-centered design methods, and current web and mobile design patterns.
- Knowledgeable and passionate about usability and modern experience design best practices.
- Proficient with design and prototyping tools such as Axure, Adobe XD, Adobe CC, Sketch, or equivalent.
- Experience documenting or participating in business and user experience design discovery and requirements gathering activities.
- Ability to solve complex and often ambiguous problems through design iteration.
- Hands-on experience with HTML and CSS and familiarity with a wide range of front-end technologies is a plus.
- General understanding of visual design concepts including grids, typography, color harmony, and an understanding of how overall aesthetic details impact the user experience.
- Strong written and oral communication skills and proven ability to work with and lead cross-functional teams.
- Communicates effectively
- Decision quality
- Manages ambiguity
- Manages complexity
- Persuades through evidence
Our credo is a simple one: be helpful. And we think we can be most helpful if our workforce is as diverse in thought, perspective, and culture as the people who use our products. We are looking to add amazing people to our team who will bring diversity across many lines, including race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity, sex, and country of origin.
Jellyvision’s headquarters is in Chicago, and, post-COVID, many of us will be returning to the Chicago offices (by choice, not requirement -- our philosophy is “Flexible First”). But this position is also eligible for work by a remote employee out of CA, MI, MN, NY, OR, TX, or WI.
Thanks for your interest in Jellyvision!