UX Designer - Chicago or US-Remote
LogicGate is a venture-backed, Chicago-based technology company that needs YOU to help us as we continue to disrupt the wide world of GRC (governance, risk and compliance). At LogicGate, you’ll join a group of bright, welcoming people ready to learn, grow, and do the right thing for our customers.
LogicGate is looking for a Designer that is excited to play a key role in building a robust platform that helps organizations operationalize and automate their risk management and compliance programs. You will be joining the Product Team, reporting directly to the Director of Product Design and working alongside other Designers, PMs, and Engineers as a key contributor to our platform.
We are looking for someone that has cross–functional collaboration built into their DNA. A person that knows partnering with all business units and functions is essential to generating the best work and product experience. Someone that believes user feedback is a core tenet of product design. Someone who is humble, but confident enough to lead an initiative from discovery to launch.
The ideal candidate is someone that gets excited by the prospect of solving new and difficult challenges. You are a strong communicator and creative problem-solver that loves to iterate, move quickly, and try new approaches to meet your user's needs. You take pride in your craft and enjoy contributing. You are able to focus on the greater goal, but also pay attention to the details of your work. You thrive in an open, collaborative environment, relying on your teammates for help, in addition to cross-functional and external feedback. It's important to have conviction in your work, but you value feedback from your team and internal partners.
You will not only have the opportunity to make a huge impact on the platform, but also in building the design function and work culture at LogicGate.
What you’d achieve:
- Synthesize different inputs of quantitative and qualitative data to inform solutions also balanced with the needs of the business.
- Guiding features and initiatives you are responsible for from kick-off to launch, defining what should be built, why, and how.
- Being a voice and domain expert for best practices around user experience (information hierarchy, interactions, and visual design).
- Advocate for all users, both internal and external.
- Defining and refining solutions through a variety of methods: user flows, wireframes, high–fidelity mock–ups, prototypes (as needed).
- Being responsible for providing Engineers with any assets or resources needed during development, UAT, and launch.
The value you’d bring:
- Strong communication skills. You should be comfortable articulating your thoughts, opinions, and decisions around your work and how we work together.
- Have led or been a key Designer on a squad.
- Have worked on products or product lines that serve a mix of external user types and internal users.
- Good experience designing interfaces for complex systems and digital products.
- Comfortable taking direction and considerations from fellow Designers and others cross-functionally.
- High attention to detail, including proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously.
- Effective in a self–motivated environment to proactively ask or gather the information you need to complete your work efficiently.
- Very competent in Sketch and/or Figma as a design tool.
- Very competent with at least one or more of these tools for prototyping: Axure, Figma, Proto, or Marvel.
- Some experience running design-focused exercises and studies such as: usability studies, preference tests, tree tests, or card sorts.
- Some experience or understanding of design systems.
- A minimum of 2 years experience designing usable experiences. Consumer-focused products are a nice-to-have, but past experience working on a complex or technical B2B product is essential. You preferably have been in-house at a high-growth startup, or on a squad with a single product or individual product line at a larger company.
- An online portfolio or case studies demonstrating your involvement crafting great user–centered design solutions from discovery to launch is required for consideration. Please, no Dribbble-only portfolios.
What we have to offer:
- Work Environment
- Regular cadence of communication organization wide like monthly All Hands meetings.
- Highly collaborative, cross functional environment leveraging all the right tools no matter your location.
- Commitment to the growth of our employees through various frameworks including an Emerging Leaders Program.
- Social activities (yes, even remotely!) where we can come together and celebrate all that we’ve accomplished like an amazing anniversary party or talent show!
- Time Off; 33 business days in first year of employment
- 16 Days PTO
- 9 Company Holidays (Memorial Day, Juneteenth, Thanksgiving, etc.) PLUS two floating holidays annually
- 6 Health Days (Mental & Physical)
- Equitable Parental Leave Policy
- Blue Cross Blue Shield for Medical, Dental and Vision
- LogicGate covers 80% of employee premiums
- 401(k) Match Program
- Partial ownership of company through stock options
Here are just a few things we’ve been up to recently:
- We’ve secured $40M in total funding to help us continue our mission
- We earned our placement as the #1 GRC Solution on the G2 Grid —an honor we’ve received many times over!
- We were included on Built In Chicago’s list of Best Small Companies to Work For in 2020, Crain's Chicago Business 2020 Best Places to Work and Chicago Tribune Top Workplaces 2020 !