UX Designer at Paylocity
Don't just land a job. Launch your future.
Our all-in-one software platform gives HR pros a way to easily manage daily tasks in payroll, benefits, talent, and workforce management.
But what makes us different is that our technology is backed by a culture that cares. We care about our team members, clients, and partners - because people matter most. And people have always been at the heart of our business.
Since our founding in 1997, this is the thing that's stayed the same, from our employees to the millions of users nationwide that access our platform. We pride ourselves on partnering with our clients to build the workplace they and their employees crave.
Let's go forward together.
Our Product & Technology organization nurtures a dynamic agile work environment full of talented individuals with a variety of thoughts, ideas and backgrounds working in small squads around a shared mission. Guided by our development principles, and a passion for compelling software, we come together to deliver great products and make Paylocity an exciting place to work. Best of all this is a work from home opportunity!
The UX Designer (Product Designer) is an integral member of the UX organization and works directly with our product development teams. They partner directly with our product owners to understand customer behavior and deliver best-in-class user experiences within the Paylocity product suite. They are responsible for meeting a product team's user experience needs, including: Visual Design, Interaction Design, Design System Contributions, Information Architecture, Writing, Quantitative and Qualitative Research and Analysis, and Prototyping. They are creative thinkers and problem-solvers dedicated to putting the user first by learning through rapid experiments and frequent customer feedback loops.
Reports To: UX Group Leader
How we work:
- Curiosity and candor; the quality of the idea wins the day
- Casual, focused, and agile environment operating under our shared principles
- Customers at the center of everything we do
- Small, mission-focused squads with an entrepreneurial spirit backed by enterprise investments
- Consistent routines across stakeholders to ensure complete transparency
- Close working relationship between executive stakeholders and customers
- A compelling mission to elevate payroll and human resources across the backroom and into the boardroom
- Focus on helping our customers automate manual processes, appeal to the modern workforce, and glean insights from analytics
- Lean enabling process that focuses on putting our customers at the center of everything we do
- A commitment to investing in our products, hiring the best talent, and giving them the chance to meaningfully contribute to a vast market opportunity
- Ample opportunity and encouragement to stay current with external training
- A phenomenal talent anywhere culture, where employees can work remotely anywhere in the US and/or work from one of three U.S. offices located in Illinois, Florida and Idaho
- Turned broad, conceptual ideas into elegant design solutions centered on our users' success and happiness at completing their jobs.
- Collaborated with Product Owner(s) to develop a basic understanding of the user needs
- Contributed to high-level, strategic conversations across a category with product and executive teams
- Offered and solicited feedback from team members to continually better the design practice
- Identified and applied best practices to common design problems
- Instilled an unwavering commitment to quality in all projects from conception to launch
- Partnered with development and engineering to ensure excellent communication and execution of every project
- Shipped a product, learned from it, and iterated
- Lived our culture and principles and followed standards in executional and operational excellence
- Bachelor's degree in design, Human Computer Interaction, technology or related field or equivalent experience
- Has a solid understanding of front end development (HTML/CSS)
- Advanced in common creative tools such as: Sketch, InVision and Adobe Creative Cloud
- Competent in one or more of the following areas: User Research, Product Design, or UI Development
- Familiarity with working in an agile software development environment working on/with cross-functional teams to deliver a product user experience
- Demonstrated ability to deliver and iterate on valuable user experiences
- Able to effectively communicate design thinking and product strategy with the team and stakeholders that deliver upon business outcomes
- Can confidently balance many projects at one time while delivering valuable user experiences
- Must have at least 5 years of experience using design system patterns to create engaging, multi-platform user experiences; experience creating experiences at an enterprise level organization preferred
- A fierce advocate for continuous improvement by applying the latest design thinking and principles to solve complex user needs.
- An independent thinker and self-starter who proactively seeks out new opportunities with a commitment to the highest quality.
- A humble facilitator who collaborates and seeks feedback from a diverse, cross-functional team of developers, product owners, business analysts, and product team leaders.
- Passionate about maintaining and contributing to a comprehensive design system that is the foundation of a cohesive customer experience.
- Energized by understanding our user's unmet needs through the proficient application of user interviews, taxonomy, journey mapping, and rapid prototyping.
- Is opportunistic when bringing creativity and fresh thinking to their work as it evolves in the software development lifecycle.
Our journey forward.
Paylocity strives to create an organizational culture where every employee has a voice, feels truly welcome, appreciated, and free to be themselves, and is empowered and enabled to do their best work. A strong commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion is critical to creating such a culture.
We've made great strides to support diversity, equity, and inclusion. That being said, we realize there's still room for improvement. Our current focus is on the following initiatives:
- Education & Awareness
- Client Community
- Company Representation
- Advocacy & Support
- Fairness & Equality
- PCTY Gives
This job description has been written to provide an accurate reflection of the current job and to include the general nature of work performed. It is not designed to contain a comprehensive detailed inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of the employees assigned to the job. Management reserves the right to revise the job or require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change.
This role can be performed from any office in the US. The pay range for this position in Colorado is $76,077 - $113,449 /year; however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. This position is eligible for an annual restricted stock unit grant based on individual performance, in addition to a full range of benefits outlined here. This information is provided per the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act. Base pay information is based on market location. Applicants should apply via www.paylocity.com/careers.